No Carolinas Wood Expo in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Yesterday I got my show planning guide. It stated that they were going to a bi-annual format beginning in 2007. This means there will be no Expo in 2008. Somehow, I don't find this to be unexpected with the demise of the furniture industry here in NC. I have attended every one of the Expo's from the first through this year (hopefully). Expo used to be on Friday and Sat. One year on Sat. we went in with about 4" of snow on the ground. When we came out in the afternoon, it was in the 60's, and all the snow was gone. This will be your only chance to go to Expo for two years. Make the best of it. Go to Carolinas Industrial Woodworking Expo.com, and in the registration enter the code PC1 in the free pass code area. See you at the show!

M

McRabbet

I got advanced information in early January and have registered for this year's gathering. I'm not sure which day I will be going, but we ought to coordinate like last year and enjoy a good barbeque lunch together again.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I need to speak with the event coordinators, they have inconveniently scheduled this at the same time as my anniversary, there is no way I will be able to get both days off :(

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have never been to one of these. Can you buy stuff at these like you could the other shows (ie router bits, saw blades, etc) or is it just demonstrations and you order the stuff? Any show specials or anything like that?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Hey Travis depending upon the answer to your question, do you want to change the trip to Wall lumber to Thursday and hit both in one day?

Doug

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have never been to one of these. Can you buy stuff at these like you could the other shows (ie router bits, saw blades, etc) or is it just demonstrations and you order the stuff? Any show specials or anything like that?

A few booths/venders/dealers sell stuff but the majority is just show & tell.

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
:roll:There a few selling vendors. Of course you could pick up floor model/ demo machines. Several cost in excess of a million, so you might want to call your bank and get the credit limit bumped up on the old Visa card. Kreg usually has a booth, and prices are a little better than at Charlotte show. Freud has demo and a couple of vendors selling their blades, but no great deals. Woodworkers Supply will be there, and will be selling. You can find enough to spend a grand on with out any problem. Carter usually has a demo of their bandsaw guides. Best thing is to go to look at the cabinet hardware that is available. Lots of good ideas to stock pile in the old brain for later reference. Pete, tell your wife that you have a romanic get away planned, then take her to the show. Bet that would go over big!

M

McRabbet

There is plenty of interesting stuff to see and some opportunities to buy from some vendors. Last year, I bought router bits from Woodline USA, a good carbide blade from a NC saw blade sharpening company (name slips my feeble mind), and some diamond sharpening stones.

BTW, my preference for a group get-together is on Friday. Last year, Junquecol, Steve Coles, Toolferone, Woodguy and IIRC Tarhead, plus me met for lunch and we all had a good time. One of my favorite cabinet hardware suppliers will be there, Custom Service Hardware from Wisconsin.

Rob

P.S. -- This is my 1,776th post (I'd be over 2,000 if someone on the left coast hadn't accidentally changed some counters). Must be an early 4th of July!!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Pete, tell your wife that you have a romanic get away planned, then take her to the show. Bet that would go over big!

She is decended from people from one of those countries where women are known to be hot-headed, and speak italian.:-D (close to having been politically correct:lol: ) I would be dead.:-( Actually, depending on when we get the deposit, I will probably be in full production mode for a kitchen renovation MG and I are taking on. I will have to take the 14th off for anniversary celebrations.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
There is plenty of interesting stuff to see and some opportunities to buy from some vendors. Last year, I bought router bits from Woodline USA, a good carbide blade from a NC saw blade sharpening company (name slips my feeble mind), and some diamond sharpening stones.

BTW, my preference for a group get-together is on Friday. Last year, Junquecol, Steve Coles, Toolferone, Woodguy and IIRC Tarhead, plus me met for lunch and we all had a good time. One of my favorite cabinet hardware suppliers will be there, Custom Service Hardware from Wisconsin.

Rob

P.S. -- This is my 1,776th post (I'd be over 2,000 if someone on the left coast hadn't accidentally changed some counters). Must be an early 4th of July!!
Thats news to me as I usually go on Thursday. I hope I used my best table manners though.

M

McRabbet

Thats news to me as I usually go on Thursday. I hope I used my best table manners though.
Bruce, I guess you're right that it was on a Thursday -- the mind is a terrible thing to waste and I guess mine has gone .... Thursday would be fine with me, too -- I just hope we get several folks to make the trip as it is an interesting show.

Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well, thanks to Bruce's "secret code" my free tix came in the mail yesterday. :icon_thum I'm shooting for Thursday. Must be an intoxicating event, I look forward to disremembering it next year :drunken_s

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS