Next WG Class!!!!!! (Krenov planes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Class Date April 1st

Would April 1st work for everyone. I'm trying to build 3 benches by the next rocker class for them to have during the spindle shaping. This may also give everyone who wants to take the class a chance. Please reply if this weekend will work for you.

If it absolutely doesn't work and March 18th is a must for some of you we'll do two classes. :D

Thanks,

John

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Re: Class Date April 1st

Either date will work for me. I appreciate your generosity and look forward to meeting some new people on 4/1.

BTW, where do you get the irons, etc?

Chris

woodguy1975

New User
John

The irons are included with the tuition. I get the irons from Japan Woodworker or Lee Valley. Both have them. We will be making smoothers with 1.5" wide blades.

Thanks,

John

wsd1089 said:
Either date will work for me. I appreciate your generosity and look forward to meeting some new people on 4/1.

BTW, where do you get the irons, etc?

Chris

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm in for the 1st!

Plane and simple, this sounds like fun!

How would you like payment? Mail a check, paypal, gold bars, enron stock?

Jim

woodguy1975

New User
John
froglips said:
I'm in for the 1st!

Plane and simple, this sounds like fun!

How would you like payment? Mail a check, paypal, gold bars, enron stock?

Jim
Cash or check at the beginning of the class is fine. I have to buy the irons out of pocket, but will trust that if you say you are coming you will come. :icon_thum.

This will work out great. I should have the student benches by then so we can have a real class enviroment. :)

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Perfect, it looks like the 1st is going to be a go. Hopefully Matt will chim in and say if this works for him.

Anyone else interested. :)

Thanks,

John

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
If anyone is interested in carpooling, I'm coming from Hillsborough (just west of Durham).

Jim

woodguy1975

New User
John
Oak is pretty tough and so is Hard maple. Both work fine for planes. I just use purpleheart because it is cheap and very hard.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John

Well I've already made arragements for lots of plane blades. I've ordered enough for 14 students so the next two classes will be set. :)

We have plenty room. We can take 8 at time for the April 1st class. :)

Thanks,

John

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes

Let's see....ordered enough baldes for 14 students so the next two classes will be set....can take 8 at a time (x2) classes comes to 16.....hmm..oh..that's right, I get the old worn out Bailey blade, right!!??? hehe

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Purpleheart is a common name for the tree it is in the Peltogyne spp. and it is also know as Amaranth, and where it is harvested (tropical rain forest area) it is known as Narareno.
Spalted Oak probably wouldn't be your best choice for a plane as the spalt causing fungus can weaken the wood structure. Hard Maple, Teak, Ipe etc. would be better. But I think WG might be planning to use some Ipe for the soles of the plan so you might be able to use the Oak.
Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
:D Dave was hinting that I've been asking him for some IPE. :) LOL

Chris, I already have two plane irons in the shop ready to go and your crappy old stanly blade with a 1/2 of sharpening left to it. LOL

See ya,

John

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Sorry for the delay, I was out visiting customers all day. I'm in for the 1st!:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS