Next WG Class!!!!!! (Krenov planes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok guys and gals I'm up for another class squeezed into the schedule between my pro work and the rocker classes. Since I know two members Chris (WSD...) and Monty (Insomiac) are wanting do to the plane making class I figured I'd put it first in line. It looks like the potential dates would be March 18th or April 1st. You'll need to have some 8/4 exotic.

I'd like to charge $65 per person for the class with you bringing your own wood. That will cover the misc materials (excluding the wood) and the Krenov blade/chipbreaker I'll buy for your plane.

Here is what you'll be making...

krenovplanecomplete2.jpg

Please PM me or post if you are interested. It is a fun project. My two Krenov style planes are the most used planes in my shop. Thye cut better and are simply funner to use.

Thanks,

John

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
:icon_chee YYYYEEESSS! I can't wait....March 18th...March 18th...March 18th! :lol:

I have to work every weekend this month, but March 18th, so that would be great (April 1 would prob work too, but I'm impatient :lol: ) Fri..St Paddy's day, Sat-woodworking...another great wkend in the works :)

I've already got a block of purpleheart waiting for this! What dimensions will I need...not sure if it's big enough, but I'de be happy to share it with someone if it's big enough for two...

Cheers,
Chris (wsd...)

woodguy1975

New User
John
Easy now Chris!!!:rolf:

Ok guys you are going to have to chim in fast so I can get the blades on order to get them here for March 18th.

Signup will Run till 3/7. I'll call that night and get the blades ordered so they get here in time.

Thanks,

John

wsd1089 said:
:icon_chee YYYYEEESSS! I can't wait....March 18th...March 18th...March 18th! :lol:

I have to work every weekend this month, but March 18th, so that would be great (April 1 would prob work too, but I'm impatient :lol: ) Fri..St Paddy's day, Sat-woodworking...another great wkend in the works :)

I've already got a block of purpleheart waiting for this! What dimensions will I need...not sure if it's big enough, but I'de be happy to share it with someone if it's big enough for two...

Cheers,
Chris (wsd...)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Sorry...I got a little carried away :5shocking It's just that I had already wanted to do this project AND that I'm hoping that I need to buy a new tool to come up to your shop again...at a minimum, I'll be coming home with a new one :rogarhapp

Chris

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Count me in. I have read too much about your shop not to come see it AND make a new tool! :eusa_danc

woodguy1975

New User
John
Matt said:
Count me in. I have read too much about your shop not to come see it AND make a new tool! :eusa_danc
Welcome to the class. :) It will be relaxing day, if we can get chris to calm down. :D

Seriously, this is a low stress class. We will resaw, joint and plane the stock, cut the bed angle, and glue the plane together, head to lunch, come back and drill for the brass, make a wedge, and fine toon the fit and operation. The actual time it takes to make one of these is about 3-4 hrs of light work. I love making these planes and using them. While you guys are making smoothers I'm going to make a jack plane. :)

We already have 4 so far. :)

Thanks,

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
John, are you going to max out the size of the class? I'm trying to angle a trip to Hickory that weekend but won't know till Sunday.

woodguy1975

New User
John
clowman said:
John, are you going to max out the size of the class? I'm trying to angle a trip to Hickory that weekend but won't know till Sunday.

Might have to. :lol: I can handle 6-8 so we should alright. We had 6 or 7 for the jointery class and it went great.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
We may have to delay till April so everyone can make it. Insomniac wants to do it, but may not be available that weekend. Keep chiming in. If you are interested, but the date doesn't work we'll work it out. We could split up and do two classes so everyone who wants to do it can.

Thanks,

John

helmswatch

New User
Duke
We would love to come but until they build a canal that way we will have to be satisfied with the pix we hope you take and post here. :lol:

Have you ever considered doing some "missionary work" down here for us coastal folk? :eusa_pray

Duke & Irene

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
helmswatch said:
Have you ever considered doing some "missionary work" down here for us coastal folk? :eusa_pray

Duke & Irene

Duke & Irene, that is a great idea.:icon_thum Maybe he can start up a traveling woodworking class and swing through Fayetteville on their way to the coast.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Sounds good to me, there are more than 10 Fayetteville area members now, Maybe John could do the class in your shop, DL!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
NCPete said:
Sounds good to me, there are more than 10 Fayetteville area members now, Maybe John could do the class in your shop, DL!

Works for me. Maybe I can charge shop space rent to cover my tuition expenses.:lol:

D L

helmswatch

New User
Duke
We were 90% wishing and hoping and only 10% serious about you guys doing missionary work! :lol: We realize that we live a "fur piece" from most of you all, but as we had said at the beginning, our door is always open for to everyone here to come visit for an hour, stay overnight, or spend a week! We can always have fishing recesses between classes!

Irene and I love this place, out in the woods, on the water, etc, but now we wish it was closer to others on this site. We have so much to learn about woodworking and up close and personal is always the best way to learn. And of course, any fellowship in an interest group is always good.

If one of us could drive, we would have been at the show earlier, the past class, and even the luncheon meets. Gotta get the government to build that canal westward! :lol:

Duke & Irene

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would like to, but this date doesn't work. If you do it on a different date, I will be sure to bring my pickup truck.;-)

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'll look at my schedule with the rocker class and chest of drawers to see about potential dates that may work for everyone. I'm totally not against having two smaller classes to accomodate everyone.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'm totally up for that sometime. It will have to be a little later on after I get a few projects out the shop. There is only one catch though... Without my shop to awe everyone I'm afraid you guys might see that actually don't know what I'm doing. :rolf: :rolf:

Seriously, we'll drum up a poll and figure out what a good central location is for your easterners and what class to have and we'll do it. Be nice to take a road trip. :icon_thum

Gotta go cut some more dovetails. I'm on the final four. :eyeslam:

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Let me know as soon as you can on the date. I was planning to stay with some friends in Concord and need to coordinate. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS