News was not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Tough Break! But you are right you never have to look far to see people worse off than you.

Keep your chin up, it'll be 6 months to a year but you'll easy get back to normal.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Stuart,

I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. You definitely have a great positive outlook though. You'll be fine. We're humans and inevitably there are times when we have to adapt. You're definitely in my prayers.

Trent

M

McRabbet

Stuart -- you've beat tougher things before, like that fantastic weight loss you've made over the past year, so it is not surprising that you've risen above this adversity so strongly in your mind. Positive attitude does help overcome such setbacks in life and we're sure you'll adapt to the loss in short order. Take good care to mend and you'll be back to the shop soon. If I were closer, I'd gladly come help you finish that CoD! Good luck in your recovery.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
That is certainly not the news anyone wanted to hear. But you are right, it could be so much worse.
Your spirit and attitude, coupled with faith and determination will carry you through this, I have no doubt.
There are many on this site lifting you and yours up in our prayers, thoughts, and our hearts.

DavidF

New User
David
I echo the sentiments of everybody else here and if nothing else comes out of this but that the rest of us try a bit harder to avoid the same fate, then that's a very good thing. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Glennbear

Glenn
Sorry the outcome was not the best but as has been said, we adapt. I had an accident years ago which resulted in permanent nerve damage to my dominant hand but humans are a resilient species and we work around our physical shortcomings :wsmile:

JohnW

New User
John
Stuart,
Your positive attitude...about your injury and in other recent posts...is inspiring. Thank you.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Re: News was not good UPDATE

I really want to thank all of you that have offered yours prayers and support. It has been said so many times before but I'll say it again...we really are a close knit family here. The comments I've read have really been helpful. Other than not sleeping well these last two nights, I'm doing reasonably well. Thank goodness for percoset. I really didn't have any intense pain the four days following the injury, but these two days since surgery have been quite different. Every time I turn over in bed I wake up. It hurts to even look at the thumb. The surgeon must have really probed around in the thumb trying to find the tendon and nerve. The pain is now down in my wrist area also. But, things will get better and I'll be enjoying woodworking again in the not too distant future.

Again, thanks for the support. Several have offered to come help me finish the chest of drawers and I really appreciate that. However, that is something that I want to do. It will be my motivation to put this incident behind me and get back to doing the things I enjoy.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Re: News was not good UPDATE

Stuart, I'd like to add one more prayer to help in your recovery. Keep that good attitude and may the healing process speed along.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Stuart,
You're right to keep your hopes up. I had a table-saw accident during my high school years. Didn't cut my finger off, but opened it up linearly, for lack of a better term.
In essence, the tip-bone of my left index finger is supposed to be sort of arrow shaped - well half it is gone. The fingernail is a mess, but there for protection. Surgeon spent a good 4 hours working on it. There's even a skin graft on the back side. I am not supposed to be able to straighten that joint once I bend it - it works just fine. The entire finger tip is supposed to be numb - it's about the most sensitive part of my hand - I use it to decide if I'm really done sanding. And it's been working well for the last 30+ years.

So, chin up, and best wishes!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You may have mentioned it Stuart, but is the injured thumb on your dominant (writing) hand? If not, that is a small blessing in this tribulation.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
You may have mentioned it Stuart, but is the injured thumb on your dominant (writing) hand? If not, that is a small blessing in this tribulation.

Tom, it is my left thumb and I am left-handed. It is going to take some adjustment but I will adapt just fine.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Sounds like the good Lord was given you a wake up call.....hope you heal up fast........Take care

Andy Casiello

New User
Andy
Best of luck in your recovery, Stuart. I have been dealing with years of back surgeries, and the process is a challenge. It's both a mental and physical challenge. From your posts you are already back bargain hunting and that's the most positive thing you can be doing - looking forward. That's very cool. I'll add my prayers along with the others. I know it has helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS