New to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Been lurking for a few days and posted a couple of questions.

I've been woodworking about 30 years, 20 years ago I spent two years doing custom furniture as a profession. NOTE: Never try and turn a hobby into a profession... it don't work. Or at least it didn't for me. Loved the woodworking, hated the marketing.

My equipment has been in storage for the last four years. I've just moved to Charlotte and lucked into a house that has a 2 1/2 car detached garage.... can anyone spell DREAM SHOP?

While my equipment was in storage someone stole my Unisaw. :eusa_booh I was lucky enough to recover it but they had completely wrecked my Excalibur sliding table. I've spent the last two weeks cleaning rust and setting up my equipment. Not to mention numerous field trips to Klingspor, Woodcraft and Woodworker's Supply.

Maybe in another month or so I'll be finished building shop furniture and jigs and can actually build something for my new bride. :lol:

Anyway... HELLO to all you fellow woodworkers.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome Hugh! I live in Greensboro but have a home in Cornelius. Your space sounds great for a shop. I look forward to hearing of your progress.

Barbara

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Hugh, sorry to hear about the theft and damage of your saw but congratulations on the new shop space and the ability to get back into ww'ing. I have always said that once a hobby become a job it isn't fun anymore. Glad to see someone who agrees, although given the chance I think that I would like to learn that lesson the hardway. I am glad to have you here and look forward to your input on the forums. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear of someone taking your saw, but glad you got it back. Please be sure to show us some pictures of your shop as you get it into shape.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome, too bad about the saw but it sounds like you are well on the way to getting that Dream shop up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS