New shop on full speed ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been online lately, but have been very sick. I am doing a little better but have some good news. I have purchased a 20'x20' Handi-House for my new workshop. The unit will be here next week and I will get it set up if my health holds the way I have always dreamed. It's my retirement home for woodworking.

I will be wiring and sheetrocking the inside and installing HVAC. I am working to invest in a hardwood flooring system which I may have to wait till later.

So Far I have purchased all new Power equipment for my shop. If your going to do it go first class. I have a new Sears Table Saw, Craftmans 14" Bandsaw, Delta 6" Jointer and Delta Planer. I just purchased a new bench top drum sander made by Jet last week. I also purchased a MLCS Routing system. So I have a good start on enjoying my retirement. My wife is not happy, but she understands what my dream was.
There are two other items I want to purchase but will hold off on them for now. As soon as I get my shop set up I will post pictures so everyone can see Tweethearts House. I am very excited and blessed that I had the chance to fulfill this dream. I may hold an open house and invite everyone that would be interested to come and see it.
With time I will be up and running. Take care all!

Terry Woodworking in Fayetteville

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Terry,

Its sounds like that you have a terrific jump on that dream shop! :eusa_danc When do you expect to have it up and running? I am not familiar with a Handi-house, but at 20 x 20, it sounds as if you will have plenty of room to expand.:eusa_clap

Retirement can be awesome especially when you get to realize dreams like these!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that you continue to feel better and get stronger every day!

All the Best!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'll give you a pre-YOU SUCK pending on proof of this shop and all those fine tools by photographic evidence:-D :lol: :lol: Sounds like you getting ready to have great fun.
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Terry,

if you need any help finishing out that Handi-House, I would suggest that the several of us in the Fayetteville area could work. Each local member that I know of is serving, or has served, in our nations armed forces.

You mention hardwood flooring in your shop, I used to install that and other flooring. I have never hung drywall, or run wires beyond what we hooked up to various field generators, but would like to learn. Put the word out when ready!

M

McRabbet

Just wish I was closer so I could help. Glad to hear that you're back on your feet and the "feat" of getting your dream shop together echos loud and clear for several of us retired woodworkers -- Splinter, Dick, Helmswatch are just a few names that come to mind -- "How sweet it is!". I retired 3 yrs ago January and after fixing up and selling our home in the Triangle, moved to the mountains -- I've got an 800 sf shop area in my basement and it's like a pure Technicolor dream every day.... Maintain your health and enjoy!

Rob

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thank to everyone on the offers to help. I am sure that I can use it before its finished. I wil give you all that want to help the call when the building is set and ready for work to begin. I hope to finish it by the end of may. Take Care!

Terry

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Terry, welcome back and I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I was wondering what happened to you. Give me a shout if you need a hand finishing the inside of that shop. I am close by and willing to lend a hand.

D L

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Terry,
I am echoing NCpete, but with a warning, If you dont call us when its time to get this all done, we will stand in front of your house at odd hours of the night shouting cadence. But seriously, Please let us know when this goes down, I have a little under 2 months left on my school option so I will have some free time on my hands. Its great that you are able to fufill your dream and get your shop. Im working on getting my tools and shop that I want as well. Let me know a couple days in advance and I will smoke a couple shoulders for us to chow on. Shoot we could sing the army song while we sheet rock,,(and the army goes rolling along, first to fight for the,,ohh cap its in my head) lol JUST KIDDing. I have done plenty of sheet rock before and Pete is the flroor man. So please please dont do this alone when there is lots and lots and lots of help. Be blessed friend.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Terry,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I have to say after reading this thread that it just reinforces my faith that good old American values are still alive and well. I't comforting to see that so many people are not only willing but eager to help with a modern day barn raising. I too have been blessed by many people coming to my assistance when I bother to ask. This is the way that things used to be done on a regular basis but today we feel that it is a sign of weakness to ask and that is truly a shame. I urge you to take these fine folks up on their offer of assistance. It will make things go much more quickly and will actually make it more fun.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great news Terry. Hopefully you are on the mend and have an opportunity to fulfill your dreams. Apparently Company A of the Second Battalion of the First Division of the NCWoodworkers Corps is standing by for an assist.

Good luck,
Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Aren't they also known as the Corps of Beergineers? :lol:

sapwood said:
Great news Terry. Hopefully you are on the mend and have an opportunity to fulfill your dreams. Apparently Company A of the Second Battalion of the First Division of the NCWoodworkers Corps is standing by for an assist.

Good luck,
Sapwood

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thanks to everyone for all the offers of help. I will need some help when this comes down. My son is going to help me, but I will need your help when hanging sheetrock especially in the ceiling as I am Handicapped and have to be very careful if I get on a ladder. After my stroke and heart attack I lost alot of coordination in balance, but still give it full speed ahead. I am not a quitter. So if you are interested I will give you all the heads up and plenty of notice. For those of you who can't make it, I understand and am blessed to know there are so many willing to help and care. Again thank you! God Blkess you All!

Last edited:

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Good luck on the shop. I'd love to come help but it's a bit far for me. I'm sure these guys will pitch in and help knock it out.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thanks Ozzie-X It is quite far. But I love Haywood County! Thanks Again! Terry

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Mich, If you are at Bragg stop in and see me at Shockley Fire Station on Canopy Lane.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Actually, Roger, I was MI for my career. Military Inebriates...., I couldn't work with the Beergineers, couldn't drive a bulldozer straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS