New Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

billha

New User
Bill
Howdy all. I have been interested in wood working since I was just a kid but it's only been recently that I have began to take the plunge into the world of woodworking (at least into the shallow end of the pool sort of speak). It all started this year when my when my wife and I moved into our new house that came with a garage. I found a plan for a wall mounted oak work bench plan and fell head over heels for it. 3 months later, it is nearly finished. While it's certainly not close to perfection, I am amazed that I built it and still have all of my fingers. I learned alot from the mistakes I made in the processs and don't care to repeat them.

I plan to build a project table for our bonus room in the near future and it will require some skills that I don't posses at the momment. I was looking for some info building wood tabletops when I came across this site. Thanks for allowing me to join the group and I hope that I can contribute in some way.

Bill

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site Bill :eusa_clap Happy to have you join us. You'll find this to be a great group of folks that love to help and look at pictures. :eusa_dancDo not be shy about asking questions. Enjoy the site :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Bill. You'll find lots of good advice and very few criticisms here -- we enjoy sharing positive information with all -- if you get a chance, upload some pics of your former garage/now workshop space and your bench project -- we love pics here (else it didn't happen!).

If we can help in any way, don't hesitate to post questions.

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Bill, I think that you will be able to find answers to all your questions and a lot of encouragement as you take on your new project, here. We are glad that you joined us. Don't be a stranger and keep us posted on your progresses.
Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Bill. There are plenty of people on here that can help you aquire any skills you desire. Glad to have you and welcome again.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Welcome Bill to the sawdust pile and hope you enjoy making sawdust with us. As everyone has said there is plenty of talent here and always open to questions. This group leaves no questions unturned. Hope to see some pictures soon. Terry

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome Bill! :icon_thum
NCWWer is a great resource that abounds with information and good humor. We will be happy to help you find your way to deep water :lol:

Roger

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
WELCOME BILL, YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW YET BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE HELPED OUT! AT LEAST FOR ME, THE MORE THE MARRIER.I JOINED IN NOV. MYSELF AND THIS IS A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE.THEY DO LIKE PIX THOUGH. I'VE GOT SOME I NEED TO LOAD MYSELF JUST GOTA FIGURE OUT HOW.IT'S PIX MY BROTHER TOOK AND EMAILED ME. JUST GOTA FIGURE OUT HOW TO MOVE THEM.AND SENSE I BROUGHT IT UP I KNOW SOMEONE WILL TELL ME HOW.AND WELCOME AGAIN!:saw:

dozer

Mike
Bill, Welcome to the site. Ask all the questions you want and need this is a great group and they are always willing to help you out.

billha

New User
Bill
:-D Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have already found a wealth of usefull tips and info on the site. Here is a couple of photos of my first woodworking project.

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

As you can see I still have some more more work left. I hope to have it finished before March and want to start working on a project table for the bonus room.

Bill

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Pretty awesome bench!! Looks like you'll be givin' as much advice as gettin'.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Go

sawman

New User
Albert
Welcome to the site, that is a very interesting work bench. Are the supports for the bench solid oak? You post pics and questions come.

Albert

:saw:

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Bill,

Welcome to the site and I must add, mighty impressive first project pictures. Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to ask for help.

Dan C.

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job bill. Are those surface mount outlets and trunking as sold by HD? I need to add some outlets and don't want to drop cables behind the shop walls..

billha

New User
Bill
The supports were made out 2 peices of 3/4 in plywood with 2X4 pine studs in the middle. I used a 1/4 plywood to cover the outside edge of the support. Had a time trying to bend and glue that sucker down. Wish I would have found this site before I started the project.

I got the plans from the Family Handyman magazine (can't remember the issue off hand but I can find out if you're interested)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS