new art school ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
hello everyone, thanks for the invite and idea mike. well here goes! everyone i live in caswell co. and an idea popped in my head and won't go away . i have an idea to try and see if we can start an art school here in the county , but not just any school i'm looking for input from our own local artists and community on what you would want or even if you would want such a thing, that's why i want community involvment and concerns, the second part of the issue is i'm looking for new medium's non traditonal art forms to be offered not as awhole for the school but something that will make this school a one of in the world and it would ours we'd be the first maby " the shool of nontraditional arts" just a thought. get back to me pros or cons . after talking to one of our local artists tonight( mike thank you very much for your time, advice and the devils advocate ) it's going to take a while but if you don't start nothin won't be nothing ! so let me here something ok out there ! ( this is my first forum or any thing going out public tell me how did) and thank you all for your time in even reading this hope i got some minds thinking ! by for now i need rest. please pass this along i want to here from the whole county

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome to the site Rick. I think that you have a great idea. If the arts aren't passed on to other generations they will be lost. And in this day of computer controlled mass production, many of the "hand" crafts are already being lost.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Rick, I think is an awesome and noble undertaking. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
Hello Rick and welcome to the site! I think you have a great idea. Hope you make it happen.
thanks! for taking the time but i'm trying to make this a "we can make it happen thing" my heads not so far in the clouds to think i'm a one man band on a cause , i know there is more than a passive intrest in the area and this sort of thing will only work if i can get positive feedback and support local (yes it will benifit the whole state) i want to know if everyone can stand to have this in there back yard so to speak. and if so what ideas do you have ? pass it on i want to really hear from the whole state on what we as northcarolinians can give to the world, we need new ideas and mediums ,i want to expand the list of what is currently being learned in our other fine shools that we do have have in this state and i believe caswell is a good location . and if any one wants to help i'll need help organizing all the feedback into something i can give back to everyone so we can all stay current. thanks again let me hear from you, all of you!

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
Rick, I think is an awesome and noble undertaking. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.
i'm @ cherrystone2535@yahoo.com thank you very much cskipper beautifull fawn in the photo mine is currently 4 mo. old. contact me please i'm going to need some on organizing all the feedback. the forum is the tip of the iceburg since posting last night my inbox went to 3 digits i came back here to see just what i started ,i must have got alot of people talking ! thankyou for your time and interest, rick.

rhett

New User
rhett
I would be interested to know what you mean by nontraditional arts. While I was working on my Masters degree in sculpture at UK, I was introduced to everything from silk screening to foundery work. From my experience, most successful art programs excell in one area and offer other mediums to round out ones artistic eye, so to speak. I am truley excited at the idea of an art school locally but putting too broad a scope on the courses offered would be a strain at best to get quality instructors. I would love to help out if needed.

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
I would be interested to know what you mean by nontraditional arts. While I was working on my Masters degree in sculpture at UK, I was introduced to everything from silk screening to foundery work. From my experience, most successful art programs excell in one area and offer other mediums to round out ones artistic eye, so to speak. I am truley excited at the idea of an art school locally but putting too broad a scope on the courses offered would be a strain at best to get quality instructors. I would love to help out if needed.
hello and thankyou for your vauable time and imput quick and conciese ,i like that , it saves me time i'm new to all this kind of public bit & bite domain, i like it but lack the navigational knowledge to communicate quickly, so please everyonebear with me until i can get my ears dried off .ok on to a response.is that a bull mastif great pic' what i mean about nontraditional arts is ,teaching somthing after you the artist has dicovered in your own a way something or technicthat has alot more room for development and teaching this hands on andyou create while we learn like me i lack any formal training or education ( as if you coud'nt tell, my 7th grade english teacher screaming now or soon will be if this works)in any art form but i found myself wanting to make and create from my own hands and i have, in several different mediums from leaning to restore more than 100 year old stained glass(locust hill church on nc. hwy 150 complete with glass covering and inclosers for protection i had to pull them unmount and disassemble them heat them back to flat repair all cracks and glass i could, reinforce ,clean,reassemble and rehang and cover them)and lack of funds time sort of kept forcing me tolearn byshort cut (one more thing I'm dislexick ) so now i have dabbled and completed projects, woodturning, bowls, hammers ,handles, gavles, cups you can see light through,hoosier highboy kitchen cabinet,and restored and repaired too many antiques, built outside log benches,hand forged my own knives, (after the first knife from a brakedrum forge i put together, i designed and built a portable gas forge unit you can take apart with 2 thumb screws and put in your vehicle sits on a bbq stand you can use one side at atime or both or through the whole unit for long tracktor parts) cast silver, weld ,built log cabins ,concreate work ,and almost any house hold repair,learned to pull motors and rebuild cars,trucks and fabricate,leared to machine almost all metals,and anadies,cast form and weld (have'nt tried a breaker box yet) andthe list goes on. (just in case theres any bandsaw about me or my skills soo far i'll take my examples to mike(i'll expose who mike is later if i get his blessing or he tells you him self) and let him critick and get back to you )the point is i was apoor boy from up north who never picked upa screw driver before june 1st 1990, i learn by neccesity and now it's want to know not neccicerily (baad can't find spell ceck)master but thier are other people like me who don't want to or have the time for a long class they just wan to come and oserve you for a while get what they think they need and go on and play on thier own no fus no mus no curriculum they observe ,you create they learn and go home .no certificates no graduations no prerequsit class you dont want. they get to like it or leave it and we can rotate artisists invite them to stay a month or two or stay if there is enough intrest in what they are doing , this also keeps cost down ,insurance, we can rent and return equipment for almost anything you can think of. the artists only work not students. no videos or pictures allowed, i don't see the need unless the artist doesnt mind and gives written permission to be videod(need to make money still ,to survive sothats how we keep them comming) artists in the wild i can see it now the crocadile hunters daughter on the hunt for the elusive ------ well you get the idea . i tried really hard to get this consept through mikes head last night but i believe he missed the boat , so mike if your caught up now andnot sore at me now i'll be seeing ya. thankyou everyone this took along time typing like a chicken. P.S. to the last part of your quest yesplease i need help cant you tell. ( also i realise i've put a new concept out in the open everyone thats not above board and copy or steal the idea i have all ready retained legal council to protect mine and this county's intrest) so thank you all again for laboring through this with me .help! this thing look a mess after posting it sentinces and word moved all out of place i have problems spelling but this sounds way out thier reading it now sorry i tried.i'm not a master of any one thing but i don't want to be right now i just want to learn what i think i need not what eveyone else thinks i would need .

Last edited:

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
Welcome to the site Rick. Wish you the best in your ventures.
thankyou and your right but i did'nt tell you guys the whole story or the rest of the concept to grease the wheel and make it all work and a low budget county anywhere or the world for that matter(i'm on wild blue out here in the sticks and i keep loseing connectivity that may be part of my problum,besides spelling)my idea is the ability to have a very low buget operation that can be completly turned on and off like a light switch and be able to conform to any kind of way the county wants to control it complete with housing and of course studeo space or class spaceroom what ever, and fine or at very least good quality food. you could'nt ask for more . ok every body pass this along i want to see the longest thread yet for my 1st who wants in i'm at cherrystone2535@yahoo.com to exchange #s i all ready can't keep up with my typing skills but keep the thread going and i'll promise to speed up and improve thanks everyone!

rick ricchiuto

New User
rick
hello and thankyou for your vauable time and imput quick and conciese ,i like that , it saves me time i'm new to all this kind of public bit & bite domain, i like it but lack the navigational knowledge to communicate quickly, so please everyonebear with me until i can get my ears dried off .ok on to a response.is that a bull mastif great pic' what i mean about nontraditional arts is ,teaching somthing after you the artist has dicovered in your own a way something or technicthat has alot more room for development and teaching this hands on andyou create while we learn like me i lack any formal training or education ( as if you coud'nt tell, my 7th grade english teacher screaming now or soon will be if this works)in any art form but i found myself wanting to make and create from my own hands and i have, in several different mediums from leaning to restore more than 100 year old stained glass(locust hill church on nc. hwy 150 complete with glass covering and inclosers for protection i had to pull them unmount and disassemble them heat them back to flat repair all cracks and glass i could, reinforce ,clean,reassemble and rehang and cover them)and lack of funds time sort of kept forcing me tolearn byshort cut (one more thing I'm dislexick ) so now i have dabbled and completed projects, woodturning, bowls, hammers ,handles, gavles, cups you can see light through,hoosier highboy kitchen cabinet,and restored and repaired too many antiques, built outside log benches,hand forged my own knives, (after the first knife from a brakedrum forge i put together, i designed and built a portable gas forge unit you can take apart with 2 thumb screws and put in your vehicle sits on a bbq stand you can use one side at atime or both or through the whole unit for long tracktor parts) cast silver, weld ,built log cabins ,concreate work ,and almost any house hold repair,learned to pull motors and rebuild cars,trucks and fabricate,leared to machine almost all metals,and anadies,cast form and weld (have'nt tried a breaker box yet) andthe list goes on. (just in case theres any bandsaw about me or my skills soo far i'll take my examples to mike(i'll expose who mike is later if i get his blessing or he tells you him self) and let him critick and get back to you )the point is i was apoor boy from up north who never picked upa screw driver before june 1st 1990, i learn by neccesity and now it's want to know not neccicerily (baad can't find spell ceck)master but thier are other people like me who don't want to or have the time for a long class they just wan to come and oserve you for a while get what they think they need and go on and play on thier own no fus no mus no curriculum they observe ,you create they learn and go home .no certificates no graduations no prerequsit class you dont want. they get to like it or leave it and we can rotate artisists invite them to stay a month or two or stay if there is enough intrest in what they are doing , this also keeps cost down ,insurance, we can rent and return equipment for almost anything you can think of. the artists only work not students. no videos or pictures allowed, i don't see the need unless the artist doesnt mind and gives written permission to be videod(need to make money still ,to survive sothats how we keep them comming) artists in the wild i can see it now the crocadile hunters daughter on the hunt for the elusive ------ well you get the idea . i tried really hard to get this consept through mikes head last night but i believe he missed the boat , so mike if your caught up now andnot sore at me now i'll be seeing ya. thankyou everyone this took along time typing like a chicken. P.S. to the last part of your quest yesplease i need help cant you tell. ( also i realise i've put a new concept out in the open everyone thats not above board and copy or steal the idea i have all ready retained legal council to protect mine and this county's intrest) so thank you all again for laboring through this with me .help! this thing look a mess after posting it sentinces and word moved all out of place i have problems spelling but this sounds way out thier reading it now sorry i tried.i'm not a master of any one thing but i don't want to be right now i just want to learn what i think i need not what eveyone else thinks i would need .
sorry moderator now i got it with "bandsaw" i just knew i corrected that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors