My first commission piece is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I am so happy that I have FINALLY finished my first commission piece. It took much longer than I thought - 5 months part time (150 hours). It was quite a learning experience (Isn't this what you say when you way under quote the bid?:lol: ) It was alot of firsts for me - first inset doors, muntins and mullions, and drawer slides. The customer is going to apply the finish to save money.

Attachments

• ent.jpg
    ent.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 204
  • ent2.jpg
    ent2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 196

MikeH

New User
Mike
Amy that is a beautiful piece. Give us the details. What kind of wood did you use? Looks like there might be some red oak in there.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, Amy that really turned out nice, I like the A&C influence. Was it your design or a request of the client? I would love more details of the construction, and the lessons that you learned (so, I can learn them without having to make the same mistakes :-D:-D:-D:-D)

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That is a good looking piece Amy. LOML commented, "oh, another Amy Wynn" She likes it, too!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well done Amy. Obviously it won't be you last commission.

I'm envious of your perserverance and talent :icon_thum

Roger

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Amy,

Outstanding job...congratulations:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

clowman

Clay Lowman
Nice work! I am also interested in how you assembled this piece. Did you have any problems along the way? How is the client going to finish it?

DavidF

New User
David
Nice going Amy, you kept that quiet! I know what it's like to try and find 150 hrs in weekends, that's for sure, 6 Months is an average for my projects too.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I love the styling of that piece. Congratulations on a great looking project :eusa_clap .

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, I would think that the finished product is well worth the wait. Beautiful piece! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I would also like to read about the construction details. I especially like the idea of the client finishing. :icon_thum

Good job.

Chuck

M

McRabbet

A beautiful piece of work, Amy. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS