Meber 24" Bandsaw Model SR600 Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
One of the last couple of machines I need for my workshop is a larger bandsaw set up for resawing. Anyone know anything about this saw? About what would a good asking price be? Haven't looked at it yet, I know condition means everything! Just wondering whether it is worth pursuing...
Any suggestions or comments appreciated. I have a Powermatic 14" now, this would be a second saw.
12213514bZZZZZZZZZ8ak5fcc9139308c13af.jpg

12213514bZZZZZZZZZ8ak5fcc9139308c13af.jpg

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Those are great saws! The parts support for the US are at Pruitt Machinery down in Hickory. That saw new is $ 4k or so. I'd list it on my site for $ 1,450 but I'm sure you can get it for well under that.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That saw is a lot the same as the Laguna LT24 that I have. From what I understand, the Meber company used to make the frames for Laguna ... at at least the frame is the same. The guide system will be different (because Laguna made their own) and I'd guess the motor is too (but not sure).

Woodguy1975 has that same saw and could probably tell you more ... that is, assuming he hasn't already bought this one!

I'd say it's a great saw.

One thing to consider ... it might be 3-phase (which means you'll need a phase converter if you don't have one) which could be pretty pricey. Price-wise on the saw, I think Phil is probably right on target.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It looks a lot like my Minimax. As Jeremy suggested, I expect it is 3 phase so that will mean a phase converter or getting a single phase motor. Personally, I don't like to pay over half of new and that is if it is in good operating condition and has all the accessories and manuals with it. I believe a new 24" Minimax is around $3800 IIRC. Dealing with 3 phase can cost you an adittional $500.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Unless it's previously been modified it's definitely 3-phase. The laguna saw Jeremy has should be made by Griggio, but the Meber is an italian and is very similar. the guide systems are different but that's about it.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That's a great price and a great saw ... but someone else told me about a week or so ago that they were chasing the same one so there is some competition, I believe. That's a great price too, I think.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yeah, I haven't found out anything about it yet...I'm usually too late or a dollar short on everything!:wsmile:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Yeah, I haven't found out anything about it yet...I'm usually too late or a dollar short on everything!:wsmile:

Assuming he got my message the saw is already purchased. :) I went to look at it on Friday and make an offer that was accepted. The saw is literally 2 miles from my house. It is a 3 phase saw. I already have one and had been looking for a second one to have a matched pair.

I guess you can say that Woodguy is back!. :)

Thanks,

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I figured this to be the same one you were telling me about ... considering it was in Hickory and well priced.

NICE SCORE! YOU ROCK! Who needs two 24" bandsaws? WOODGUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS