Lumber Run - June 13th - more wood available

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Hello folks - time to clean out my lumber room again. I will be traveling to the Raleigh area on June 13th. At this point I plan on going as far as Burlington, exit 157 Buckhorn Rd. If I get more of a response from the Raleigh area I will consider going farther east. Here is some of what I have available...

$2.00 BF for 61 " 4/4 white oak, 4/4, 6/4, 8/4 wormy maple, 4/4 and 5/4 furniture grade white pine, 4/4 basswood, $3.00 BF 72" 4/4 cherry, $1.50 BF 61" 4/4 and 5/4 poplar, $2.00 BF 4/4 sapele in various lengths.

I found a large bundle of 4/4 cypress, most of it is 10" wide and in 8' lengths - PM if interested!!!

I am also selling the following bundles...

5/4 White Pine - Furniture Grade in 61" lengths 200 BF... $350.00

Please PM me with your wants and needs and if you are able to meet at the above location. I will probably only carry what is pre-requested. Thank you and I look forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:

bluthart

New User
Brian
Re: Triangle Area Lumber Run - June 13th

I have some cherry planed at 13/16 that has beautiful figuring but does have some sapwood. I have some other clear stuff but I forget if it is rough or not. I will check when I get home this evening. How much you looking for?

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

what time will you be there on the 13th, I will be out of town that weekend but on my return later that day I will be passing right by that exit.

Touchwood

New User
Don

Probably 100 BF..maybe 150 if I really like it. I prefer rough because if the surfaced wood isn't straight, flat etc.... you wind up with less than 3/4" by the time it's jointed and planed. If the surfaced wood is OK to work with as is..I don't care too much about sapwood if the figure is good.

Is the 8/4 wormy maple what's usually called ambrosia maple, or something different. Sounds interesting. Any other nice 8/4 stuff ? It doesn't need to be longer than 5 or 6 feet.

Don

I have some cherry planed at 13/16 that has beautiful figuring but does have some sapwood. I have some other clear stuff but I forget if it is rough or not. I will check when I get home this evening. How much you looking for?

bluthart

New User
Brian

what time will you be there on the 13th, I will be out of town that weekend but on my return later that day I will be passing right by that exit.

Steve - If I go to Raleigh then I will be passing through twice. I was planning on noon if it is the only stop.

bluthart

New User
Brian

Probably 100 BF..maybe 150 if I really like it. I prefer rough because if the surfaced wood isn't straight, flat etc.... you wind up with less than 3/4" by the time it's jointed and planed. If the surfaced wood is OK to work with as is..I don't care too much about sapwood if the figure is good.

Is the 8/4 wormy maple what's usually called ambrosia maple, or something different. Sounds interesting. Any other nice 8/4 stuff ? It doesn't need to be longer than 5 or 6 feet.

Don - the maple is quite wormy and I would consider it ambrosia quality. It is very interesting - I made my workbench base out of some of it. I love it. I need to measure how much cherry I have, and I will get back to you. thanks!

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

ah, ok. you are going through Raleigh to get to Burlington, that didn't register. I probably won't be able to get very much this round but I can bring sack lunches to work this week, lol. I'll be raiding my garage cabinet budget.

anyone in the Triangle area going in on this purchase have the ability to help pick up and hold on to anything I order till I get back into town sometime the evening of the 13th? I am sure it wont be over 100 bdft.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin

I'm curious about the Sapelle. Can you expand on what the dimensions are that you have in lengths and widths?

Thinking of 100bf if they're long/wide enough.

Thanks,
-Turtlewood

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

ah, ok. you are going through Raleigh to get to Burlington, that didn't register. I probably won't be able to get very much this round but I can bring sack lunches to work this week, lol. I'll be raiding my garage cabinet budget.

anyone in the Triangle area going in on this purchase have the ability to help pick up and hold on to anything I order till I get back into town sometime the evening of the 13th? I am sure it wont be over 100 bdft.

Steve,

I'll have plenty of room in my van if you want me to pick up something for you. We live off of Hwy. 64, just west of Jordan Lake.

Brian,

I can make that location OK. I'd like about 100 BF of 4/4 Poplar, about 50 BF of 5/4 Poplar and a 10-12" wide Sapelle board.

Thanks,

Bob

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

Hopefully Brian will post to clear this up, but he is coming from Iron Station, which is between Charlotte and Hickory. He said he would come to Raleigh only if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile, which means he would be in Burlington twice; once each way.

bluthart

New User
Brian

Hopefully Brian will post to clear this up, but he is coming from Iron Station, which is between Charlotte and Hickory. He said he would come to Raleigh only if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile, which means he would be in Burlington twice; once each way.

Thanks Andy! Yes, I will be coming from near Hickory, NC traveling east, and then back west.

bluthart

New User
Brian

I'm curious about the Sapelle. Can you expand on what the dimensions are that you have in lengths and widths?

Thinking of 100bf if they're long/wide enough.

Thanks,
-Turtlewood

Kevin - I have some pretty wide boards left 6" +, a mix of 4/4 and 5/4, various lenghts up to 8-10'. I will check out my supply tonight and get back to you. thanks!

bluthart

New User
Brian

Okay, so it looks at this point that Burlington will be the only stop, which saves me some time and gas. I don't know the name of it, but I will be at the truck stop at exit 157 (Buckhorn Rd.) I will arrive aroun 1 PM and stay about 1 hour. I will be driving a blue Chevy Silverado with a trailer WITH A BUNCH OF LUMBER ON IT! :rotflm: If anybody needs to reach me, my phone number is 704-309-4224. I still have a good bit of room left, so more orders are welcome, but my capacity is filling up fast. Thanks and I will keep you posted.

bluthart

New User
Brian

Ok - here's the schedule right now - looks like 3 stops as of now...

Stop #1 Noon - Mocksville - Exit 170 truck stop... meeting Smitty - I will stay for approximately 20-30 minutes.

Stop #2 1:00 PM Greensboro - Exit 37 Home Depot on S. Elm Eugene St. Meeting Sgt. Snafu - quick stop unless other members plan on meeting here.

Stop #3 1:30-2:00 PM Mebane - Exit 157 truck stop (same one as the Santa Lumber Run) I will stay here for awhile, meeting several NCWW members. Planning to leave by 2:30 for home.

I hope these stops accomodate everyone. Please PM me with any more lumber requests. Thanks!

bluthart

New User
Brian
I found a large bundle of 4/4 cypress, most of it is 10" wide and in 8' lengths - PM if interested!!!

bluthart

New User
Brian
Someof the wormy maple- I have wormier too.

Maple_-_wormy_005.jpg

And here is some of the cypress - the stuff on top is bad, will not be on the run.

Cypress.jpg

bluthart

New User
Brian
Alright gentleman - the run is upon us. I plan on bringing a little extra wormy maple (8/4, 4/4) and cypress. Otherwise the load is getting pretty large. Please get any other requests in today so i can finish loading. I am making two stops - first at Home Depot on S. Elm Eugene St, followed by the final stop at exit 157 Buckhorn Rd. I plan on arriving at Buckhorn by around 1 PM. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

bluthart

New User
Brian
Looks like I will have about 100 BF of nice cypress unspoken for if anybody wants all of some of it. I will also have extra wormy maple. See you guys today! If anybody needs to call me - 704-309-4224.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors