Looking to hire someone to stain the writing surface of a desk

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Hello All
I have a fairly large desk that is homemade and is styled simply with a slanted writing surface that is easily detachable. In a previous life I'm guessing that it sat front of a window that got a lot of sun and is now very faded.

The drawers and the rest of the desk are not faded, so I'm looking for someone to try to match the top color to the color of the drawers.

The top is 95" long by 43" deep by about 1" thick.

If this is something that you could do, please reach out to me.

Thank you,

Jim

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can help BUT I am wrapped up in multiple projects extending until fall.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Jim, what kind of finish is on the top? Does it have to be removed? Might be a bigger job than just putting a stain on the top.

Roy G

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Jim a good friend of mine is a professional finisher. They repair lots of furniture if you would like to go that route. Would probably get it to match exactly

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Jim, what kind of finish is on the top? Does it have to be removed? Might be a bigger job than just putting a stain on the top.

Roy G

Hey Roy, looks like the stain has completely worn off or was never stained. Not sure what kind of stain it is.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Jim a good friend of mine is a professional finisher. They repair lots of furniture if you would like to go that route. Would probably get it to match exactly

Yes, I would appreciate his number. I tried here first because I wasn't sure if anyone had a business re-finishing or not but your friends phone number would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS