long time woodworker - new time member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Gang,

Just found the site there.

I'm located in Raleigh where I do custom furniture, cabinetry and wine cellars.

I'm an active member of the Cabinet Makers Association and am looking foward to being a member here.

Art

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Art, I am not familar with the Cabinet Makers Assoc. in Raleigh, do you have any more information about it. I am sure there are many members that would be interested in a group like that.
I look forward to your input in the forum, and hopefully seeing some of your work.
Dave:)

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Dave ..

The CMA is oriented towards small to medium shops ( 1 - 10 man ) with many 1-2 man shops. They have a great, members only, forum where shops from all over the country help one another in all matters from "how the heck do I do this.." to business plannin, marketing, etc.

If you have been to any of the Shows ( IWF, Greensboro, etc ) many of the training sessions there are put on by CMA members.

Their website is at www.cabinetmakers.org

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Art. I enjoy making cabinets as well for fun and profit -- working on a nice commission job right now -- please upload some pictures to a photo gallery and show us some of your work -- we love pictures and, as you'll find out around here, "no pics, it didn't happen!"

Oops -- I just went to your website and you've done some great work -- I browsed through you wine cellar pages and I must say they are impressive! I did one on commission last year that holds 30 cases and was installed in a 9' x 7' cellar that maintains about 55 - 58º F year round. Like yours, each vertical rack cleat is dadoed into the uprights -- all A-1 White Oak cabinet grade plywood and White Oak except for counter top of African Mahogany. Not seen below tasting table are four pull out bins for full cases. A fun (and profitable) project. I'd love to discuss some design details with you some day...

Last edited by a moderator:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome!! Glad you could join us and allow the newbies like myself to pick your brain!!

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Rob,

Yes .. being out near the mountains there is the potential for passive cellars. However as you head east that potential diminishes very fast.

As you may have gathered from the site, I do kind of have a passion about wine and since I'm more than 15 minutes away from you guess I can qualify as an "expert" :lol:. Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions..

gator

George
Corporate Member
Art's a really nice guy. He is the one who turned me on to plastic resin glue for use on bent laminations a few years back. Had me visit his shop and everything. Welcome aboard Art.

George

JohnW

New User
John
Welcome to NC Woodworker Art. Nice to have you join us.

Wine & Wood & Woman :eusa_thin I think there's a song in there somewhere.:lol:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Art:

I think you are right off of Durant. I live just North of there off Falls of the Neuse. Any chance I could come see your shop? (Hint - hint.):wink_smil

Doug

DavidF

New User
David
That's a fine portfolio of work on your Web site, Art. I like the honesty of the "what we do" and "what we don't do".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS