Klingspor Woodworking Showcase '09 sign-up sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent Phillip we really appreciate your help. I'll add you to the list.
Thanks,
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey there is an I-Hop almost next door to Klingspor. How about meeting there for breakfast say between 7:45 and 8:00?

rmorgan1203

New User
Croc
Hey Dave, I will be happy :rotflm:to demonstrate Furniture design using Sketchup 3D CAD software on my laptop for as long as my hand will keep clicking.

Let me know!

Croc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Croc, that would be great. Sketchup is an excellent program that I think more people would like to use if they could just get a good head start (like me). It would be great if you could show how it works.
Thanks,

02blues

New User
john
Don't know if you still need some help but Jim asked me if I could bring the spring pole lathe out. I am just learning to turn though so I am a complete newbie. Maybe you guys could give me a lesson or two?

Anyway I think I can do a few hours on Sat the 18th but I am also working part of the day too. Cant make it Friday.

Any interest or thoughts?
Not sure how well it will travel.

Thanks
John 02blues.

DSCN2452.JPG

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks John!! I speak for myself, and put words in the mouths of others, this is very exciting! Can't wait to see that lathe springing.

We can do whatever you need to help get it there and back.

As they say, one good turn...

Er, Turn off your tv, er, as the world turns.

Spring (pole lathe) forward, fall back (saw).

Jim

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Thanks John!! I speak for myself, and put words in the mouths of others, this is very exciting! Can't wait to see that lathe springing.

We can do whatever you need to help get it there and back.

As they say, one good turn...

Er, Turn off your tv, er, as the world turns.

Spring (pole lathe) forward, fall back (saw).

Jim

Uh no...:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, that's awesome. Please let us know what we can do to help make this happen.
I would love to give it a spin, but think that it is very different than turning on a powered lathe. There's the foot pumping thing combined with the 50% forward rotation and tool rhythm. It could be good for some laughs as "experienced" turners try to do it the old way.

Thanks,

DaveO

New User
DaveO
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP

I will be meeting with the organizing committee on Thursday. I would really like to have a bit more participation to offer them. We are smokin' in the demos :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
and our table will be manned. But in the general help area: sign-in, loading/unloading help, and judging we are really lacking. Also I don't know how many have entered into the competition, but I hope it's a lot. There is a lot of talent on this site and it needs to be recognized.

So come on folks let's get away from the keyboard and do something, I promise it will be fun. If not I'll give your money back :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks in advance,

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
That IHOP can get real crouded in the morning. You might want to get there earlier, park at klingspor parking lot and walk over.
dick

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Another BUMP we still could use 1 more member to help with the judging. A few more folks to help with the sign-in, registration and moving of the contestant pieces.
And above all we need more folks to enter the competition.

Let's do it and show everybody what NCWW can do for this community.

A most sincere thanks to all that have offered to volunteer and with hope, those that still will.

TIA,

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I am trying to get 3 things together for the competition, but its not easy finding something good enough, anyway I am working on one right now that should make 3 :dontknow:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am trying to get 3 things together for the competition, but its not easy finding something good enough, anyway I am working on one right now that should make 3 :dontknow:

Earl you're far too modest, unless you've given away or sold all the things that you've turned. Everything I've ever seen come off your lathe IS GOOD ENOUGH. Good enough to take First Place.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Earl you're far too modest, unless you've given away or sold all the things that you've turned. Everything I've ever seen come off your lathe IS GOOD ENOUGH. Good enough to take First Place.

+1 :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS