Klingspor Woodworking Showcase '09 sign-up sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sorry I am a few days late on this. As y'all know coming up is the Klingspor Woodworking Showcase '09 that is being sponsored by NCWW, TWA, and of course Klingspor (who supports us greatly). It will be going on Saturday April 18th, with a little help needed Friday the 17th in the afternoon.
We need folks to help out:eusa_pray:eusa_pray. This will be held at the Raleigh Klingspor location.
To start we need a few more judges. I told the organizing committee that I could have at least two experienced woodworkers to help with the judging. Hopefully we could have some non-woodworking people with artistic background to help also.
The judges would be needed for about 2 hours max.

Judging Staff - Saturday 9:30 am - 11:30 am
1) Jerome B
2) BillPappas
Other artistic folk recommendations -

Other areas of help follow -

Early Registration (and help moving contestants pieces) - Friday 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
1) Jim Campbell
2)

Day of Early Registration - Saturday 7:30 am - 8:30 am
1) Jim Campbell

Regular Registration - Saturday 8:00 am - 9:30 am
1) MikeL
2)

NCWW Info Table - 9:30 am - 4:00 pm ( can be broken up into shifts of 2 hours)
1) ScottM
2) WoodArtz (Bob)
3) PChristy (Phillip)
4)
5)
6) Chad Conwell (toolman) 2 to 4

Lunch Help (prepare and serve a hot dog lunch) - Saturday 11:00am - 1:00 pm
1) Robert Brunke' and his lovely wife
2)

Check Out (help loading contestants pieces) - Saturday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
1) Chad Conwell (toolman)
2)
3)
4)

Demos - all day Saturday, as many as we can have. I need your suggestions on what we can do. Last year we did scroll sawing, pen turning, powered tool sharpening, and router bowl work. I would like to see at least one demo running throughout the whole day.
Saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm ( at least 7 hour long shifts)

1) Phil S - strip canoe
2) ScottM/PChristy - scroll saw
3) WoodArtz - turning
4) rmorgan1203 - Sketchup
5) 02blues - Spring Pole lathe
6)
7)

Also helpful would be folks to take pictures throughout the day, because we all love to see ourselves in pictures, and that validates that it really did happen.

Please post in this thread when you might be able to help. If you have any questions please ask or PM either I or Froglips for more information.
One of the staff will add you name to the lists once you've posted your interest in helping out.

We also need contestants. We had a great showing last year from NCWW, with many members winning prizes. The youth catagory really needs folks, last year AlexL cleaned-up in it but there wasn't too many contestants.

Thanks in advance for your help. It's these type of functions that make NCWW more than just a website, but an asset to the whole community.

Dave:)

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would love to help, but I will be coming back from a trip that day. Really hate to miss it as I won't be back until late day Saturday.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yeah, we all know about your swanky trip...you suck. We'll miss you, but I bet you won't miss us...too much

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be very willing to put on a demo on Sat. I have built several strip canoes so I thought I could assemble the station molds for say the front 4 or 5 feet of a canoe and show the various techniques of forming and applying the strips. I would bring a fair amount of strip material so I could start over several times. I could setup the mold on one of their workbenches but would need a second bench or table to display the materials. How much space do we get? If there is adequate space I could bring a small 12' feather canoe to show a finished product.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Wrong side of the state for me ... but I stopped by last year a day before the event and got to see a lot of what was going to happen and be on display. Should be a good time!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would be very willing to put on a demo on Sat. I have built several strip canoes so I thought I could assemble the station molds for say the front 4 or 5 feet of a canoe and show the various techniques of forming and applying the strips. I would bring a fair amount of strip material so I could start over several times. I could setup the mold on one of their workbenches but would need a second bench or table to display the materials. How much space do we get? If there is adequate space I could bring a small 12' feather canoe to show a finished product.

There won't be a lot of room in the store itself, at least there wasn't last year. But there will be a lot of room outside the store on the front sidewalk. Doug Robinson did his router bowls out there due to the mess they make. There is power available there to. There also will be a large tent set up in the parking lot. No power there, but more space.
I think that sounds like a great demo :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will plan on the sidewalk and I will just be there all day

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sawduster and I will be doing the scroll saw demos as we did last year. I am also signed up for a shift at the NCWW Info table.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sawduster and I will be doing the scroll saw demos as we did last year. I am also signed up for a shift at the NCWW Info table.

Thanks Scott and Robert, we really appreciate your help
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would like to thank Sawduster (Robert) for offering to help with the Judging. I don't know of a more ARTISTIC person who also has an eye and talent for fine woodworking and the beauty in wood.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would like to thank Sawduster (Robert) for offering to help with the Judging. I don't know of a more ARTISTIC person who also has an eye and talent for fine woodworking and the beauty in wood.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Luckily, I have a job this year.
Unfortunately my job will have me in Mississippi for most of the month of April and I will not be able to attend this year. And that's a bad thing, becuase it was real fun last year.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
BUMP
Come-on folks we need some help here. I don't want to be shown-up by TWA, that would be embarrassing. We have over 2500 members and they maybe have 100.
This is a fun event, a great time to meet new people and see some excellent woodwork. And if you enter, maybe a chance to win something.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hey Dave... I'd be happy to do some sort of turning demo. I can man the NCWW desk for an hour or so, as well.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Dave I will help out at the NCWW table and help Scott and Robert with the SS demo if they need to be relieved - If I come that far I will be there most of the day so what ever else you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS