Just Joining

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarbour

New User
Jim
Hi Folks ~

I am principally a turner, living in Elon and working under the pseudonym of "ShopDog Turnery." Molly (see the avatar) is the Official ShopDog and, as you can see, helps me out with initial rough work.

I pay for my habit by teaching economics at Elon University, where I have been on the faculty for the past seventeen years. JoAnn and I came to NC from Louisiana where I was Dean of the School of Business at LSU Alexandria. Prior to the Louisiana stop we were in Lexington, Kentucky for fourteen years while I was in graduate school and subsequently on the faculty at Transylvania University.

I also do flat work, currently beginning a four-poster project for one of our sons and his wife, both chemists in California. Our other son literally ran away and joined the circus - with mom and dad's blessing. He is also on the west coast.

~ jim

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome Jim! Good to have another turner in the group. I look forward to seeing your work. I see you spent some time in Rapides Parish... exciting place ;-) . Well, I'm right up the road so let me know if I can ever help out.

Bob

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Jim -- Happy to have you join us and we'll look forward to seeing pictures of your work and your shop.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to our group - glad you joined us. Please request a photo album - we love to see pictures of your work. Our shop dogs (boxers) tend to simply lay where we want to stand:lol:

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
From a Elon native, welcome to the site Jim. I grew up just 2 miles from there (Elon College then) and now live out by the Indian Valley golf course. The town and school have changed alot over the years.

Come on and start posting, BTY we like pics just go to the photo galeries link at the top and uplaod your pics.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Jim!
We look forward to hearing more about your woodworking projects and solicit your economic advice. :eusa_pray Previously we sought medical remediation for compulsive tool purchases . . . perhaps we were wrong :oops:

Cheers,
Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Jim, it's great to have you join. Are you sure that your dog doesn't assist in the inital RUFF-ing out work, where you might be dealing with the BARK...bad, I know, but I just couldn't let it go :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look forward to seeing some of your work :icon_thum

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors