I'm now on Custom Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi everyone
After much pondering,soul searching and debating I have decided to jump off the deep end to try my hand at selling my wares on Custom Made, a site that after talking to other members there seems to be the place to be if you want to get lots of exposure for your woodworking. With over 100,000 web hits a month and a great staff to help out, I'm feeling pretty good that my investment will pay off. Follow this link to my page and let me know what you think.
http://custommade.com/by/mikemathieu

Umich684

New User
Jake
Mike,

Beautiful work. Real cool stuff that brings acclaim to home grown woodworking.

I notice you list pricing on your personal website, and wonder how successful that has been for you> I can imagine that a source like CustomMade will aggregate your web hits to a larger audience but I wonder about quality of exposure? Do you become inundated with requests that never come to a head? Does the cost of membership mitigate the profit of additional work? How does shipping work for some of your larger pieces? I've been approached by CustomMade as well and have real reticence to the exposure. What were your considerations in joining?

Thanks,

-Jake

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Jake
Time will tell. I have had pretty good luck selling some of my smaller works from my site so it will be interesting to see what comes out of making a commitment to exposure from a larger site like Custom made. Like I said-- Time will tell!! I have found that you can only get so much business from a small site like mine so I welcome inquiries which may lead to more work. That was my main reason for joining Custom Made as well as Fine Wood Artists which is a much smaller site that I have gotten a couple of small commissions from. Exposure seems to be the key.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Very nice work!!! I looked at the site to sell my stuff too, but haven't been bold enough to take the plunge. I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you, it might sway me to try it too. :icon_thum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Personally speaking - my thoughts are as people grow tired of having to repurchase junk that is made in lands far way. They will want something of quality that will last a lot longer and be willing to pay more for that quality craftsmanship - that's my personal opinion... Amongst friends and family I've seen a growing trend, moving in this direction. Instead of running out and buying a new piece of junk that will only last a few years, spend a little more for something that's going to last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS