I love veneer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
So, I've had a few stumbles since buying a press and sliding down the veneer slope but I really love the creativity this discipline allows me! Thanks all for help with my many questions! :gar-Bi

Thought I'd post a few pics of what I've been up to in the last few weeks...

sideboard_b.jpg

View image in gallery

Mahogany sideboard with kingwood (rosewood) veneered sliding doors, welded legs

bubinga_leopard.jpg

View image in gallery

Pommelle bubunga coffee table with leopard wood trim

Rolling drawer of pommelle bubinga and a solid padauk drawer face

Thanks again for all the help! :icon_cheers

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
wow, those are really beautiful. :icon_thum Only thing that looks out of place are those casters.

What did you cover with the veneer and what kind of press did you use? Now you got me interested in veneering, hehe

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Lol, yea most people don't like my warped ideas (casters). Furniture grade ply is the substrate. Can't stand mdf. Got a venturi press from McRabbet a bit ago. Thanks for that BTW!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Peter. The coffee table design is interesting, w/ the two end supports extending out beyond the table. I assume they do on both sides? Don't think I've seen that before. :eusa_danc

Bill

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
looks great! Did you see the veneer auction at irsauctions.com - its in NJ :( - but talk about selection!

Dan

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Yea, I saw when someone posted that but I have an irrational dislike for auctions. I've been buying tons from Certainly Wood. Just what I needed, something else to empty the wallet...:gar-Cr

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Peter,

Way to go! Your designs are very interesting and your output rate is amazing.

bobby g

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Yea, the downside is that now I MUST have a drum sander and a nice bandsaw...Honey....

I'm just curious, how thick were your veneers? Did you buy the bubinga as a veneer or did you use thicker stock bubinga and get help turning them into veneers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS