Gloat Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Well, I've been real anxious about this one, and it became reality today. About six weeks ago, David Tomasch and I had lunch together at a small deli sandwich place in Flat Rock near where he was working on a project. As we chatted over our hot roast beef sandwiches about tools that we need for our shops, a guy at a neighboring table chimed in with "Did I hear you need a drum sander?". I said "Yep, I'm hoping to make a drum sander one of my next tools; I need it for sanding panels." "Well, I've got one I'd like to sell, if you're interested", he said. To make a long story a little shorter -- today was the day I went and picked it up. It's a 26" Woodmaster and has very few hours on it -- he runs his own cabinet business and it is just too small for him (he just bought a big Altendorf).

Here it is, sitting in my driveway, ready to unload. Click on the thumbnails.

Nameplate Front side Back side

Oh, and by the way, I paid less than 25% of its original price and he used it less than a year before he got a larger one -- it has not been used for 3-1/2 years.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get this beast off my truck and into my basement!

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Congradulations Rob!!! :icon_thum I bought the 38" wide Woodmaster about 12 years ago and never been disappointed in it. I did not get as a good a buy as you got though:crybaby2:. I am sure you will enjoy using it.

Jerry

Monty

New User
Monty
Congrats on the woodmaster! That's a mighty fine tool and I know you'll enjoy using it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
WOW! Nice catch for a nice price. One day, I am going to learn to find deals like that. It never seems to work out. Would like to see some pics of the "guts" of the thing. Heard of them, but have no clue how they would compare to a Performax for example.

YOU SUCK!!

dtomasch

New User
David
YOU SUCK!!!
But now I know where to go when Sammy kicks me out of his shop;-) . Congrats, Rob. That's some fine iron!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice score! I wish I had the space just to have a small one! You definitely deserve a big YOU SUCK for that one!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice score and a really
BIG YOU SUCK
way to go Rob :eusa_danc :icon_thum :tool: I think we could get into my garage easer then your basement:rolf:

T

toolferone

What a great deal and a very cool story. You just never know when things like that will happen.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
;-) A little friendly converstaion turns into a major score.

To quote Shakespeare, "Thou sucketh."

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Rob,

Congrats. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap What a terrific story / occurance / score / price. We're all jealous.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS