Finally!!! My Charlotte WW show gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Took a while to arrive, but I think it was worth the wait...

IMG_2331.jpg

:cool:

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
funny, I didn't see Stanley at the show....

haha..very nice...I hope to get a closer look on Sat! That plane will surely serve you well.

Chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
:roll:Dave, Dave, Dave...I've looked through your gallery and it 'appears' you know a thing or two about woodworking. However, you are completely embarrassing yourself with questions like that. Everybody knows it's a McRabbetting plane! geez...noobies. ;-)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang Insom, that's purty!

And I'm sure that's the last one you will ever acquire :lol:

Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
DaveO said:
Inform the clueless, please.

LOL! You're far from clueless! That is a #140 skew block plane. It makes a pretty decent low-angle block plane as is, and the skewed blade seems to help with cutting. As you can see in the pics, the left side is removable, allowing the edge of the blade to come right up to the side of the plane. This makes it useful as a (Mc)rabbetting plane also, a task which is aided by the adjustable fence. With the nicker in the down (cutting) position, it will score the wood fibers just ahead of the blade when cutting across the grain. I think it will be great for cleaning up & adjusting the cheeks of tenons. I started using it a little today, but I haven't really put it through the paces yet... that'll come with time! :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

I really do appreciate you giving me credit for my part in your new toy .. or tool as the case may be! Sweet looking and beautifully designed cutting with combination of skew, low angle and bevel up blade. I'll be by to claim my usage any day now. Oh yes, and since no one else that has posted let their star-struck minds even recognize your obvious gloat,
YOU SUCK!
insomniac said:
This makes it useful as a (Mc)rabbeting plane also, a task which is aided by the adjustable fence. With the nicker in the down (cutting) position, it will score the wood fibers just ahead of the blade when cutting across the grain. ...I haven't really put it through the paces yet... that'll come with time! :icon_thum

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
The nicker is the little cutting wheel on the side of the plane, just ahead of the blade. You can see it in that last picture. The screw can be loosened, allowing that wheel to be turned down so it cuts. In my picture, the wheel is turned up, so the flat side is down, so it doesn't cut. It stays in this position when used as a block plane or to cut rabbets with the grain. The wheel is turned down (cutting) for cross-grain applications.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Insom. the little I know about plans I have learned here, and the majority of that has been from your excellent explainations. Now that I know what it is I'll grant my
YOU SUCK!!!!

Lie Nielsen's are almost too purty to use.
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Rob, you are right. It took these guys, all struck by the brilliant shine of that nice new plane, 7 posts before anyone said to Insom what really must be said.

Insom, YOU SUCK!
nice score, BTW.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I think knickers are the funny pants I used to where when I used to X-C ski. Same pants Payne Stewart used to where when he golfed, too.

sorry, different spelling. :rbedface:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Monty, that sure is a beaut! I am sure it was worth the wait. I took a hard look at that nicker but wasn't sure if that is what it was. I missed seeing the flat spot the first time I looked at it. I like the thick blade LN is using on that plane. And yep................YOU SUCK!!!

Now, I wonder if there are any members out there still waiting the arrival of any more post Charlotte WW show purchases.

D L

4yanks

New User
Willie
I'm envious! Of the Stanley plane types I haven't acquired that is the one I covet the most. Enjoy.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
If you're gonna use that thing with your knickers down then I don't want to hear any more about it. :mrgreen:

That is one sweet looking plane, I can see why that is a slippery slope indeed. Suck? You bet! :icon_thum
insomniac said:
With the nicker in the down ..........:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS