Are you planning to join us for lunch? Sat, Jan 17, 1pm, Tupelo's, H'borough

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
I'll see y'all there. I will have to leave early though to go a food friend's memorial service.

I'll be the one who is way over dressed.

Jerome

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Finalized plans today, I'll be there. Coming down on Friday and staying the night with one of the other tool dealers. Any old tool requests?? Otherwise, I'm not bringing tools to do a formal setup.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
1:00pm please.

OK folks! Tupelo's can accommodate up to 20 peeps on Saturday at 1:00pm. The manager said he'd set aside the area near the bar :icon_thum for us. All we have to do is call between 11:30am and 12:00am that morning with a firm commitment and number. Sound good?

Laissez les bons temps rouler :eusa_danc

Bob

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Bob!
Everyone please respond to the poll at the top of the thread if you plan (or may be able) to join us for lunch.
Thanks!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Bump so everyone will respond to the poll at the beginning of the thread if you're coming for lunch. Please confirm.
Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm going.... I am catching a ride with Pete301. I will see you for tools and lunch.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Had a blast this morning! Thanks Tarhead for the invite!! I really enjoyed seeing everyone. Here's a few pics (sorry, my photography skills are like my woodworking skills). To Ozzie-x and Toddler... I'm very sorry I missed y'all in the pics. I forgot to get the camera back out... dohh :eusa_doh:.

l-r: nelsone, SteveW, cpowell, sapwood, peteb301, ScottM, dpsnyder

l-r: Tarhead, James Davis

l-r: cpowell, nelsone, sapwood, SteveW

l-r: peteb301, dpsnyder, ScottM

hope I got all the names right :dontknow:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bob, thanks for a great job of cat herding and getting us to lunch. Good food and good company. Not much better then that on a cold Saturday.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey guys! It was great seeing everyone and meeting a couple new ones! Lunch was fun! Thanks to Bob for organizing the lunch and thanks to Mark for the ride!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Great seeing everyone! Thanks Bob for the assist with lunch! Welcome all you new knuckle draggers:gar-Bi

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
GGRREEAATT !! seeing everone and thanks to Tarhead fo setting this up.
The Gumbo was excellent and we were introdiced to a few new restaurants.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Man, that was fun :banana:
Tools, talk, and good grub.

In the interest of accurate documentation additional members at the meet include: Jerome Bias, Ed Hobbs, and Bill Anderson . . . oh yeah, someone said Little John Reeves came late, but I didn't see him. He is quite small you know :gar-Bi

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Roger

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Really enjoyed the lunch. It was nice to be able to put faces with handles. Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

James

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
It certainly was good to see some of my NCWW friends and meet some new ones. The lunch was good and I appreciate Bob and Mark orchestrating it. Bob, don't worry about missing my picture, I wouldn't want anyone to get turned into a pillar of sawdust. The tool meeting was a lot of fun and several NCWW's got some nice old tools. The progam on levels was very interesting and informative.

Not meaning or wanting to hijack the thread, but the woodworking hot topic for the day seemed to be stringing and inlay work, the topic kept coming up all day with lots of different people and groups. The relevant old tool content is that about all of this type work is done with hand tools, many of which are not readily available today. John Reeves and his friend (another NCWW who I apologize for not remembering his name) had been to the Willaimsburg Conference where stringing and inlay was the topic. I happened to find a book at the tool meet titled "Charleston Furniture 1700-1825" written by E. Milby Burton that has some of the most beautiful old antique pieces in it with intricate and elaborate strininging and inlays. One of the MWTCA members Ron Campbell was there yesterday, and Ron was a career furniture builder before he retired, and had built a lot of reproduction pieces similar to ones in the book, and Ron had met the author many years ago before Mr. Burton's passing. Some of Ron's pieces are a work of art. If I can get up to speed on taking some pictures and posting said pictures, I may start another thread on stringing and inlays.:icon_thum

Steve W

New User
Steve
It was great to see all the NCWW'ers at this meeting and, of course, the lunch afterwards! This is my second year at the Hillsborough meet and the second year in a row where I had a blast!
I picked up a couple of "different" handplanes (Stanley 103 and an S&S 130-type) plus a plumb bob. The prices there are quite reasonable and most of these old tools are better than a lot of the new ones (excepting such items as Lie-Nielsen, etc.).
Tupelo's is one of my wife's and my favorite places. For such a small town, Hillsborough has a good selection of places to go eat. We've been hoping for more mom & pop places here in Mebane but Hillsborough's not a bad drive from here.

:kermit: Steve

nelsone

New User
Ed
You're right Chris...the Stanley 80 I got must be a figment of my imagination!:gar-Bi

I don't think any pics were taken at the meet. I mean why would you guys want to see a bunch of old tools!:wink_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS