Are you planning to join us for lunch? Sat, Jan 17, 1pm, Tupelo's, H'borough

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Saturday, January 17 is the next Antique Tool Association meeting. It's being held at the Big Barn in Hillsborough (I-85, exit #164, head towards Hillsborough, immediate right into Daniel Boone complex behind Wendy's). The presentation is on Levels. Tool Flea Market, Coffee and Krispy Kremes start at 7:30, Presentation at 10:00, Auction at ~11:00. PM me or Ed Hobbs (Hobbsed) if you need details. Admission for visitors is $5.

As we did last year, I would like to plan a NCWW get-together for lunch after the meeting (1:00) at one of the restaurants in downtown Hillsborough.

UPDATE:Tupelo's, 101 N. Churton St (main street downtown, parking in back)

Carpooling from the Concord Mills area for all you Metrolina folks. Room for 3. Leaving at 6:30. Back by 4:00pm Let me know.
Mark

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Mark ... let me check w/ the family as for plans on that date. I'd like to attend and would like to carpool.

newtonc

New User
jak
The lunch last year was at Tupelos on Churton street.
I couldn't make it last year because my daughter came down with a virus.
Maybe this year will be different.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Looking forward to getting together. All are welcome to join us for lunch.
Any NCWW Express needs between Charlotte and RTP?

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Count me in for lunch if one is organized. If I might make a suggestion, Bandito's has excellent Mexican food and is right on Churton St.

James

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Would anyone be intersted in possibly tracking down a shoulder plane with a reasonable price tag? I am not for sure how to work out the logistics of it. Let me know if anyone is interested. God bless.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Michael,
PM Randy Osborne (Ossie-x) with what you need and want to spend. He's the best bird dog for good deals I know. He may even have one in need of some TLC:dontknow:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I want to go, and will try to go, and hopefully, get there before it is over this time!

If you actually show up and I can make it too (I have a Boy Scout camping trip every year the same weekend as the MWTCA gig) I'll buy you lunch. Figure it's a safe bet since you usually don't show up til mid-afternoon. :gar-La; :gar-La;

Chuck

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Our future schedule is:

Apr 11, 2009, Waxhaw, NC
Jul 25, 2009, Raleigh, NC (Ed Hobbs' Big Blow-Out!)
Nov 7, 2009, Bethania, NC

Outa Square

New User
Al
I am always interested in old tools. Forgive my questions, I saw that there is a tool flea market, is there typically good amount of vendors and are the prices fair?

I enjoy a good plane and i have good number but they usable and used as often as i can. I am looking for a scraper plane, edge bead tool, and a reamer, so i may have to make my way up that way but i just want to make sure what i am going to so i know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS