Completed Walnut Nightstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I feel like a proud parent today. Please celebrate with me as you view my major accomplishment. The nightstand is constructed of solid walnut with pine runners for the drawers to run across and cherry sides. The camera is forgiving as I show my first attempt at dovetail drawers. The stain is Minwax golden oak and I have five coats of poly over the finish. Can't wait to start my next piece. I have plans to make a three drawer chest with a slanted desktop. This piece will also have dovetail drawers, the same feet and be in walnut. The nightstand was started mid January. For today would someone move the pics from my gallery for me. I have simple instructions in a book somewhere in the house but the book is hiding this morning. Thanks for sharing. Lorraine

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Lorraine,

I see 2 work in progress pics of the nightstand but no finished pic in your gallery, it may not have uploaded correctly. WIP looks great!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Lorraine! Maybe one day I'll be able to build at the level of quality displayed in your pics. Keep up the good work.
Take care,
Randy

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
100_2298.JPG

100_2299.JPG
Tis
100_2296.JPG

This is totally awesome work Lorraine! That dentil molding around the top is pure class!!!!!:eusa_clap Everything about it - dovetails, grain match, finish, hardware definitely looks top notch! I even noticed your branding on the inside of that drawer. This piece will definitely stand as an heirloom and will last forever, I am sure.

You have every right to feel very very proud of your work!!!

Congrats,

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

New User
Monty
Very nice! I have been assigned a project like this, and at some point I'll get started on it - I'll be using your pics for inspiration!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, your drawer fronts are exquisite. Very beautiful work, you should be very proud :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
WoW! That is truly fine :mrgreen:

I hope to be able to do that with another 10 years experience :lol:

With admiration,
Sapwood

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I also love the drawer fronts and the legs. The finish looks absolutely perfect. Very beautiful work. Standing ovation! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Thanks to all for all the wonderful comments. I guess this makes me a real woodworker, I have posted my work. I hope my work will be an inspiration to others. The nightstand is sitting in my livingroom where I can keep my eyes on it. It doesn't have a room yet.

Lorraine8-O

Now for another project!

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Lorraine,
You have every reason to feel like a proud parent! That is really a great piece of work! Awesome!:icon_thum You deserve every bit of praise you have recieved! Keep it up! Don't stop now... Now work on it's twin! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS