FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this is a pretty piece of walnut that I laid waste to!:gar-La;
walnut_table.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang Fred, that is simply beautiful, outstanding work :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Where did you find the spectacular slab??

I need to stop coming up from the shop and viewing the site....not what I am working on doesn't look so good :nah::no::wsad:

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Dang Fred, that is simply beautiful, outstanding work :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Where did you find the spectacular slab??

I need to stop coming up from the shop and viewing the site....not what I am working on doesn't look so good :nah::no::wsad:

Dave:)

I got the whole tree trunk about 18 months ago. its been drying and now its gittin used.:gar-La; that was the smallest slab in the bunch!:gar-Bi

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow. Double wow. Triple wow (wow wow wow wow wow wow). Spectacular wood, great curves, beautiful finish. What can I say - purty!!!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Gorgeous!
Did you steam the aprons? They look like solid stock from the pic.

no steam. just wet em down and glued em in the form. the form was plywood with some scraps screwed to it to make the shape. sorry didnt get pics of that.:gar-La;

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome table, Fred!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The top is one beautiful feature.........but hiding underneath are those classy aprons!!!!

Now I have to know.....How in the world did you calculate the angle where the aprons met the legs?:dontknow::dontknow:

Great work!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Good Lord, fred! That is some BEAUTIFUL work! :eusa_clap

I sure hope I meet you at the picnic. Maybe some of that talent will rub off on me!!

:gar-Bi

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Awesome table, Fred!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The top is one beautiful feature.........but hiding underneath are those classy aprons!!!!

Now I have to know.....How in the world did you calculate the angle where the aprons met the legs?:dontknow::dontknow:

Great work!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

its all guess work!:rotflm: the fits are ok but not perfect. with the dark wood i doubt they will ever be noticed.:nah: the bent aprons were a challenge and I wasnt too sure they would hold together so i cut some solid stock to fit between in three placed and used pocket screws to hold them in place. the top is held with screws through oversized holes for movement and the pocket screws will never be seen unless someone takes the top off.:wink_smil this isnt the way i had envisioned it but plans change!:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS