CLT craigslist HEGNER Multimax 18V Scroll Saw & Stand - $475

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Looks like a good deal. Probably won't last long if someone wants to check it out.

cskipper

Cathy
It does look like a good deal. I'd add a couple of things to it, but still a good deal. Somehow even I can't think of a reason to have 3 - lol!

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Can't get a reply

Sent an email to the CL address, but can't get a reply. Sure wish sellers would also list a phone number. :icon_scra

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Re: Can't get a reply

Sent an email to the CL address, but can't get a reply. Sure wish sellers would also list a phone number. :icon_scra

When I sell on CL, I never post a phone number anymore and would advise against it. I did a few times years ago when email wasn't quite so ubiquitous. People will call at odd hours. They ask questions and say maybe they will call back, then call a few days later and get mad that it is sold. Now I only use the CL anonymized address for email replies. I respond in order and don't contact people beyond the one I sell to; I just cancel the ad. I used to contact others who had responded just to let them know it sold, but found some replies are just fishing for addresses and some people get angry thinking they were somehow wronged.

cskipper

Cathy
Just curious, what would you add?

You can add an adjustable air blower - the factory one blows all the dust at you. The older saws had the tension release at the back of the saw instead at the front. I can't tell from the picture if this one is set up that way of not. It probably does because the shape of the table is the same as my newer one. The saw I added that arm to isn't down here so I can't compare the pictures. As a pure luxury I would add their magnifier lamp and clamp. I hadn't realized how much I would love it or would have gotten it sooner (I only have it because it came on the newer saw I bought).

These are really terrific!

If that one is gone check on the one in Myrtle Beach. You might get assistance from our Pony Express.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Thanks Cathy. I think the magnifier lamp is a great idea. My brother-in-law is actually trying to sell me the same saw ($500)....problem is, he lives in New Hampshire and the shipping cost will probably be high. Maybe I'll tell him about these two and try to get him to come down in price!

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Still am not getting a response to the CL email

The scroll saw is still listed on CL, but I can't seem to get an answer using the CL email address.

Even when I listed items in the classifieds of the newspaper, way before Internet, listing a phone number for contact, I would get the same issues CarvedTones mentions. Not sure those problems will ever go away. It would still be nice, IMHO, to list an old fashioned phone number to guarantee the communication and sale, especially in this case where the seller is apparently not monitoring, nor responding, to the CL messages.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Re: Still am not getting a response to the CL email

I think it is more likely the seller is getting the email but ignoring it because it is sold. Yes, it would be better if all sellers canceled their ads when a sale goes through. The reality is that a lot of them don't. I have searched for things on CL and often find listings weeks old with a great price. Emails will usually be unanswered, though a few will answer to say it is sold and once in a great while the item is still available. People should save the email to manage the listing and close it when done. I do and I think most people do. But a lot of people don't.

cskipper

Cathy
I got a reply to my question re: its availability this morning. Someone was coming this afternoon and they said they'd let me know if they bought it. FWIW the tension release is in rear (I'd order the updated arm). The one in Myrtle Beach is still available and $75 less.

cskipper

Cathy
Just got a confirmation that the saw is still available. Also have a phone # - if interested pm me and I'll give it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors