Bottle Stopper Class Nov 19th at Hickory Klingspore's Woodworking Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok guys, I wanted to go ahead and let you know of another Kilingspore class I'm going to be teaching. I'm doing a bottle stopper class on Nov. 19th from 10-12am. The normal cost of the class is $50, but again you guys will be able to take the class for $25 to Klingspore's. I'll have the mandrels and kits that I will sell to you guys at my cost to make it all work out. It will be a very fun class. Bottle stoppers are actually a lot of fun. You can be totally creative in design with them.

Thanks,

John

Monty

New User
Monty
clowman said:
Ok... never heard of making a bottle stopper... got a picture?
bottle%20stopper%20assorted.jpg

Made for re-stopping your wine bottle. Actually, the funny thing about bottle stoppers is that they're just for looks -- people don't actually USE them... just go ahead and finish off the bottle!!!!

:drunken_s

clowman

Clay Lowman
Thanks Insom.. I would have never in my life have thought of turning a bottle stopper! Those are very nice. Geez.. I gotta resist getting a lathe.... must resist... Is that gonna be possible after the pen turning class?

hmm.. maybe just a little one lathe...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay, resisting the lathe purchase isn't the battle you need to fight. It's resisting spending way to much money on chucks, tools, finishing supplies and etc. The lathe is just your first taste of the addiction, it's what gets you hooked, then you need your daily fix and the only way to get that is with better tools. Join us, it's fun. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
My name is Steve and I haven't purchased a tool in 2 days. Must resist the urge to move to the dark side, must resist.......:lol:

cskipper

Cathy
Clay, here's the bottom line - you will NOT be able to resist buying a lather after the pen turining class. Woodcraft is having a sale on all things Jet stariting 11/21. Maybe Klingspor is offering the same deal or a discount if you buy on the day of the class. DaveO is also correct - the lathe is only a portion of the expense. IN other words - bring money!!

woodguy1975

New User
John
clowman said:
Ok... never heard of making a bottle stopper... got a picture?

This is the style of kit we will be using in the class. Just so you see what the result of the class will be.

Thanks,

John

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Here's another idea... Maybe pen turning is "something you can do together".

It sure makes it easier to spend money on tools and supplies when you both enjoy it...

Can you tell that I'm currently trying to get my wife into woodworking?

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Do you have the kits that were going to be used for the class? Or does Klingsplores? We might be able to have a WG shop class and pay you instead of them........

woodguy1975

New User
John
Oh yeah, I have kits and mandrels. Enough for 4 students. We can definitely have a WG NCWWer class one weekend in my shop. My facilities and equipment are better anyways. :)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS