Art school thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
What is going on with the guys thread about an art school. He sounded reasonable, then not but the "reason" he edited his post and made it seem sarcastic. Any idea what the story is?

cskipper

Cathy
That would explain it. Didn't think I had, but I wondered if I had mis-judged him the first round.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I tried to read his post(s), but they were so difficult to make sense of (especially the last) I really didn't know how to reply. He might have received an e-mail or PM regarding his poor literary skills, which he greatly deserved, but I think that to be unlikely as our group probably wouldn't do something like that. His editing of his last post actually helped it to make a little more sense, and shows that he might have proof-read his post some, but still not enough.
I think that is just a case of someone who can't communicate well through this media, but probably does have great ideas and value to add.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
OK, we need to watch this guy (Rick) pretty close. One of our members, Mike Stanley, just called me. He's a nice guy and apparently was very patient in a two hour phone call from Rick. Mike is convinced Rick is not well grounded. :roll: Mike does not want his name mentioned in any posts by Rick. So if you see anything that pulls him in, please delete or put the post in moderation. This is Mike's request. His attempt to be nice to Rick drew him into a situation he doesn't want to be in. Mike has a business and is interested in potentially offering some gallery space for NCWWers.

I'm not suggesting we ban Rick, just moderate his activities closely. He's possibly as nutty as his posts.:roll:

Roger

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Dave..you are such a great person. I read what you are saying is that the guy didn't come off very well, but that you are sure that he is a great person and has a lot to offer the world. If everyone were like you this sure would be a great place. :)

Yes, I'm having a little fun with you here, but it is undeniably the truth :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave..you are such a great person. I read what you are saying is that the guy didn't come off very well, but that you are sure that he is a great person and has a lot to offer the world. If everyone were like you this sure would be a great place. :)

Yes, I'm having a little fun with you here, but it is undeniably the truth :)

Couldn't agree with you more Chris :eusa_clap
Mike's call to me echoed a similar sentiment. Apparently he spent two hours of his time trying to help and patiently listen to Rick on the phone. So I respect his choice to not be drawn into this. First time a member ever called me out of the blue asking for help 8-O

Maybe we should change DaveO's name to Heartwood :rolf:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Alright I have been known to be a bleeding heart liberal at times, but "Heartwood" :roll: :roll: :rolf: :rolf:

In light of information offered by Sapwood, and the fact that I still don't understand his postings:roll: . I would agree that he deserves to be scrutinized closely and edited heavily. Y'all are Moderators of this forum and your judgement is what is respected and makes this site what it is.

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
okay, I have tried to read his posts now. I am thinking along the lines of paragraphs..... paragraphs would help an awful lot. The only writer I enjoy reading in similar form to his is Kerouac. the man sure can ramble.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Ok I found the thread and I tried to read his posts. It gives me a headache when someone writes like he does. From Mike's conversations does this person seem a little OFF?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
...so you actually think he had one? So...is the guy for real or messing with us?
The fact that he called someone makes me suspect he not a troll . Just some poor guy who can't express himself and is looking for some attention. As long as that thread or any other posts he makes don't escalate into something, I suggest we just let him go. His posts are so unreadable, I think most people will just ignore him. He is probably harmless, unless there was something in his posts that I missed.

But, if he starts bothering people with phone calls, emails, or PMs then we'll need to do some thing very quickly. So if anyone finds out that he is doing any of that, then please let me or Monty know with as many particulars as possible and I or Monty will deal with it.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
yah...sounds like a good plan. No, I haven't seen anything in the posts that need action. Really, the only thing that I have honestly questioned was his use of the quote feature to 'replay' long paragraphs and his request for everyone to help him make it a long post. I'm guessing that he's just excited to have feedback, though.

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS