Announcing the Spring 2011 Raffle - UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

:wsmile: It is time for our annual Spring Raffle! :wsmile:

The North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. is a non-profit corporation, so each year we must raise funds to support our website, our workshops, our booths at woodworking events and other member educational activities. While we rely and appreciate all member and friend donations, we also approach many vendors to contribute to our Raffles twice each year to raise additional funds. All of us win in this relationship, our vendors get to showcase their products and services; our members can win great prizes and the Corporation can raise needed funds.

Thanks to the generosity of many vendors, we have assembled an impressive group of prizes this spring that sets a record for the number of winning Lots we will award (18 in all) and whose combined value exceeds $4,600. With a $5 ticket, you can win prizes up to $1,350 in value -- and if you buy more tickets (buy as many as you want!), you'll have increased chances to win. Online and Mail-in ticket sales end on May 11th, but sales and the drawing will be held at the Picnic May 14th (winners do not need to be present to win).

Featured prizes are a Rikon 14” bandsaw, a JET 1442 VSK Midi-Lathe, two $100 Gift Certificates from Eagle American, a Kreg Tools K4 Pocket Hole Jig, $500 tuition credit for Woodworking Instruction at Gregory Paolini Studios, a Lee Valley Veritas© Bullnose plane, a Lee Valley Veritas© No. 6 Fore Plane, a Lee Valley Veritas© Low-Angle Block Plane, a 24” precision T-Square and Saw Gauge from Woodpeckers, four seats in forthcoming one-day workshops of each winners choice at Roy Underhill’s Woodwright’s School in Pittsboro, a Kreg Deck Jig, and a pair of carbide tipped mini lathe tools – a Ci2m Mini-Rougher and a Ci3m Mini-Finisher – from Easy Wood Tools. We thank all of the vendors for their generosity in providing these excellent tools to help NC Woodworker, Inc. to meet our long-term goal of keeping this website available free to area woodworkers. We are holding out one additional mystery prize from Lie-Nielsen Woodworks to award at the picnic to a 19th ticket selected.

Downloadable copies of the Prize Descriptions, the Official Rules and a Mail-In Form are found in the Download Library, but I have provided links here. NCWoodworker.net now has fully encrypted and secure credit card processing so we can safely handle transactions.

You can buy your Raffle tickets online using the secure link we have provided. This takes you to our secure Raffle Ticket Purchase Page. Just look for this item:

If you prefer to mail in your purchase, download and fill in the Mail-In Form (print legibly) and send it with your check (no cash), but allow time to mail it so it is received by the closing deadline. Good luck to everyone -- sadly the members of the current Board of Directors are not eligible to win. If you have questions or need more information, please send an email to me at drawinginfo@ncwoodworker.net.

GOOD LUCK!

spring%202011%20raffle%20page1_R6Z.jpg

spring%202011%20raffle%20page2_zBa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re: Announcing the Spring 2011 Raffle

I'm having a big case of tool drool :tool: And a big Thank You to our sponsors for this fabulous collection of tools & classes!

Glennbear

Glenn

:swoon: Wow!!! what a neat bunch of prizes. :wsmile: Thank you Rob for all the work you put into the raffle and thank you to all the generous vendors who are giving their support. Nothing left for me to do except buy some tickets and figure out how I can cram more stuff into my shop. :gar-La;

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User

Wow. That is a serious prize list. Thanks for organizing Rob!

manfre

New User
Manfre

Looks like AMEX cards are not accepted. Might be good to list on the payment form the types of cards that you do accept.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Looks like AMEX cards are not accepted. Might be good to list on the payment form the types of cards that you do accept.

We were set up to accept amex. I'll go fix it. May take a little while.

bwat

New User
Bill

Thanks to ALL involved in putting such an impressive assortment of prizes together! :eusa_danc I know it takes a lot of work to pull this together and it is most appreciated!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TracyP

Tracy

AMEX should work. It was set up originally. I just verified it is enabled. If we continue to have trouble someone let me know please.

TracyP

Tracy

I am working with our processor to rectify the AMEX problem. They should have it resolved today.

Sorry:gar-Cr.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member

Oh my! What a lovely bunch of prizes. :eusa_clap :icon_cheers

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark

Rob,
I am not sure how you do it but this gets bigger and better every year, Thank you for all of the hard work that has gon into this prize extreavaganza:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:. Thank you to all of our sponsers as well.

Thanks Mark

cskipper

Cathy

Wow - that's quite a list! Thanks for coordinating this, and a special thank you to our vendors who have been so generous!

TracyP

Tracy

I am working with our processor to rectify the AMEX problem. They should have it resolved today.

Sorry:gar-Cr.

As mentioned in another thread we may not be able to use AMEX due to not being a business. But I amn still working on it.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User

I'm in!

I'd love to have any one of those planes, but the woodwright class sounds cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS