A howdy-do from Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy

New User
Big Daddy
Hey, everybody! Big Daddy, here. I just moved to NC from Lawrence, Kansas, last spring. We missed Roy's big win by 2 weeks. Too bad he couldn't get it done with our beloved Jayhawks, but we're thrilled for him, just the same. I've been monitoring this site for a few days and am finally getting around to offering a proper greeting.

I'm an attorney living in south Durham county and building a practice in Carrboro. My colleagues and I cover a wide variety of legal areas, so maybe I can bring that to the woodworking community as an asset. Legal work is really just a means to an end- getting my hands dusty.

One of the main reasons for my interest in this site is to capitalize on the vast wealth of accumulated knowledge and experience I have seen demonstrated while reading threads. I know I'm going to break hearts here, but I am building a new shop. I'm gonna have to outfit that shop. I sold my big tools when we left Kansas, so I have to buy a whole bunch of stuff. And get this- my wife is in favor of it. Anyway, I'll be seeking lots of input about tools, suppliers, stuff like that. When it comes to capital outlay, I measure twice.

I'm headed to the tools forum to post an entry about table saws. I'm looking at the hybrids, and I'd really appreciate some free wisdom.

Thanks for reading. I really look forward to being part of this bunch. You all seem like nice folks.

-Big Daddy

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to NC and the group!! You'll find lots of good input especially regarding tools. I'm not much help there, but most of the folks will be. Beware of the Woodguy disease.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome! I need to take a trip to Kansas to find a woman like yours:eusa_danc :lol: :lol: I am sure you will find tons of opinions regarding tools purchases around here. Do beware of Woodguy, he will only advise you on buying something over a 1000#, even a sander. Actually, he is a great resource, if you want to equipped one of the finest shops around. We are glad to have you here, look forward to your input and living vicariously through your tool purchases. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site. I can tell you are already infected with Wood Guy Disease. (It's a disease we have coined here as the uncontrollable urge to purchase large, heavy power tools. Mostly after visiting WoodGuy's shop). I can't wait to see how you outfit your shop.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome aboard, December is one of the twelve great months of the year to be buying tools:mrgreen: . I look forward to seeing your shop as it builds out.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Big Daddy, welcome to the site. I believe you will find the time you spend on this site very enjoyable and informative. There are a great bunch of folks here that are very helpful.

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
Hehehehehe another Victim!

Don't worry Big Daddy, it is already too late. Once you register you are infected. It is time to just give in and start buying.

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you.

John

jstevens62

New User
Jim Stevens
Welcome to NC Big Daddy, I spent several years in Kansas, Dodge City to be exact, still have family there. Guess you could say I got the heck out of Dodge. :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hearty welcome Big Daddy,

We look forward to your shop progress and I'm guessing you also have woodworking knowledge to share :mrgreen:

Be sure to put your self on on membership map and start posting pix. Although you left the tools in Kansas, there must be some woodworking projects that came with you!

Why Not?
Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS