A couple more pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozer

Mike
Here are a few pens that were on hold until I finished up the pens for the troops. The First one is a Satin Nickel Euro made from Juniper.

Juniper_Satin_Nickel_Eurostyle.jpg

The second is a Satin Nickel Euro made from Applewood

Applewood_Satin_Nickel_Eurostyle.jpg

And the third is an American Classic made from Amboyna Burl

Amboynia_Burl_Classic_American.jpg

dozer

Mike
On these I used CA glue but I am thinking about using some lacquer or shellac on a few here in the near future.

dozer

Mike
A couple of new ones that I tried a new finish on. I am still trying to fine tune the new finishing technique.

Amboyna_Navigator_1.jpg

Purpleheart_24k_Slimline_11.jpg

jglord

New User
John
:eusa_clap
Mike:
These pens are truly as beautiful as you described.

Will you share the secrets of your finishing technique?
What is the finest grit used for sanding?
How are doing your CA finish?

I'm not looking to compete, just learn.

Thanks!;-)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dozer
Beautiful as usual. I would also like to know your formula for finishing those look awesome.:icon_thum

dozer

Mike
Yes I am selling the pens I make I also give them as gifts. I am planning on writing a simple tutorial on the finishing technique as soon as I work out all the little problems. I have no problem in telling anyone how I do my finishing or showing them. I want to try it on a couple of bowls as well to see how it works out. Hope to have it all worked out bu next weekend.

dozer

Mike
Well I think I finally worked out the bugs and came up with my new way to do CA finish on pens. See what you think, I will try to write up directions on how I do the finish

Chechen_Burl_Cigar.jpg

Last edited:

dozer

Mike
I feel inspired buy DaveO so here are a few more I turned for the Calendar contest.

Snake_Skin_Platinum_Cigar.jpg

Purple_Heart_Filligree.jpg

Amboyna_Navigator_1.jpg

I will have my CA finish instructions up by this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors