$100 for 39 cents- A Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Last Aug, FWW featured an article on cabinetmaking. When I saw the "bench" they used to hold the uppers, I sent them a copy of mine. It can be found on page 16 of the Feb. 2007 FWW. They sent me a nice check for $100 plus a copy of this issue prior to release, and I only spent 39 cents for a stamp. Not a bad return, if you ask me. I know that a lot of members here have some good/ great ideas that could be published, but only if you send them in. All the woodworking magazines pay for tips that they publish. Best of luck, Bruce

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations! Its good when you find your ideas have merit. Its positively fantastic when they bring in $$:):)

Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well Dang, Bruce I complete missed your name under that tip :oops: I remember looking at that page because the tip right next to it made me chuckle...I would use the middle finger in the glove :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good work :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congratulations, Bruce!

Great idea and a really great return on the price of the stamp!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

This site is just full of celebrities and chocked full of fantastic tips and tricks!:eusa_danc

Wayne

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
You realize, with the profits you could buy 243 new 39-cent stamps. Take at least as many pictures of your works or write up your tips and send them off to every wood magazine you can find.....

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Great deal !!! Congrats - I don't think I would have such luck.
Don't sell yourself short. As a footnote, FWW also sent me a renewal notice for $84. Went to Magazinepricesearch.com and got it for $67 for three years. Lets see, $100, plus a savings of $17 on renewal. Looks like I can spend some funds on shop supplies. Do you know why they call the NC Lottery, the Educational Lottery? It seems that most never learn

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Congrats!!

I was hoping to have a similar experience, but . . .

At the suggestion of a number of you I sent a brief write-up w/pics of my assembly table and unique ratcheting adjustable legs to a few of the WW mags. Awhile back I got an email from one of the associate editors saying they thought it was more than a tip and wanted to do a four page article on it if I agreed!!! I sent an email responding with a big affirmative and asked a few more questions. I never heard back!! I recently looked in the front of a recent issue of their mag- this editor was no longer listed (as she had been). I'm a little discouraged so don't think I will pursue it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Remember that major league baseball players strike out 3/4th of the time and still make big bucks. It's dishearting to submit a tip to only one magazine and have them reject it and later see the same tip in another magazine as the grand prize winner. Only by entering can you win! Alan, I'm currently working on four brain pharts for possible publication. I have one which Fine Homebuilding sent me a release letter and a request for SS number a couple of years back. Only time will tell. If you look at WW mags, the same crowd is writing for all of them now. FWW used to make them associate editors, meaning they were under contract to write for one magazine only. PS, I'll be happy to autograph your copies at our spring get together, which we need to start planning NOW.

dozer

Mike
Great return on your investment :lol: 243 x profit margin wish I could buy some stock with that good of a turn around

M

McRabbet

Bruce, that's a mighty handy dual purpose sawhorse! I make cabinets on commission, too and I think I might just fabricate one of these for my work. Simple but most practical design. And a great return on your investment!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS