220v

1. J

120V vs. 220V.

I saw several comments about the advantages of converting equipment from 120 V to 220 V (single phase); the immediate advantage is that the current drawn is reduced by a factor of two. Several respondents indicated there would be no cost savings, however, because the KW power required would not...
  2. cpw

Wiring 220v plug?

I have my first 220v tool and I need to change either the plug end or the socket because they don't match. From what I have read here and elsewhere I have gathered that in single phase it does not matter which of the two "hots" goes to which prong - as long as the ground is correct. Am I right?
  3. R

Someone to put in 220V

I am looking for someone around the Triad that wants to put in a 220 V outlet in my garage, breaker is in there. Thanks
  4. froglips

Raleigh CL: 12" 3hp 220V Cabinet Saw and Dust Collect $400

Uhm, is this a deal or what? Jim http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1209199708.html Heavy duty 12 inch blade table/cabinet saw (cut a 4x4 in 1 pass) with 42" cut 3 HP 220v mower, enough power to rip a damp pressure treated 4x4 includes 5 carbide tip blades and 4 steal blades...
  5. ptt49er

GFI on a 20 amp 220v outlet

I need to run a couple of 20 amp 220v circuits in the shop. It's a garage, so I think the outlets have to be GFI protected. I am having a dog of a hard time finding an outlet that'll work. Am I stuck using a breaker for the needed protection?
  6. G

Wiring 220v in a shop/garage

I am a teacher overseas that returns to my mountain home every June, wishing that three more years to a second retirement would come quickly. I have a shop attached to my garage and it is wired through a 100 amp box, from the house 220 amp box. It seems the previous owner put every couple of...
  7. N

Wiring Delta 50-760 for 220V

Does anyone have any experience changing a Delta 50-760 dust collector over to 220V? I have the proper replacement switch but the wiring diagram inside the switch box cover is making me feel like a monkey trying to program a VCR. I can send pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks.:BangHead:
  8. sapwood

220v to 110v wiring query

I need to see if this 1/2hp well pump motor will run. Don't worry, I don't need it for the well. Cover states it is 115/230v, 8.2/4.1 amp, 60hz, 3450 rpm and there aren't any diagrams on cover plate for reconfiguring the wiring to 110. Pic shows current wiring I'm 90% sure is 230v setup. For...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors