Search results

1. D

CNC Router and Dust collector for sale

EDIT - for some reason I cannot create a new post so I am editing this one. Deleted laser pics. Along with the CNC I have a Shop Fox 1.5 portable dust collector for sale. Purchased the dust collector at the same time as the CNC and therefore it's also like new. Ran it only when testing the CNC...
  2. D

User status

Hi, I've been away from the site for a while and my user status is showing as not a user. There anything I need to do to correct that?
  3. D

24x36 CNC for sale

Hello everyone, I am slowing selling off all of my large woodworking equipment. First up, I have a Blurry Customs CNC machine with a 24"x36" bed I need to sell. I have a variety of bits, Vectric Vcarve Pro version 5 license and a Mach 3 license. I can also throw in the old desktop I was using...
  4. D

Oak trunks for sale

I'm going to be taking down two large willow oaks soon would like to sell the trunks. Both trees are at least 36" in diameter and have straight trunks. One of them has at least 16-18' of length before it branches out. The other has what might be a burl about 6-8' up and the first branch about...
  5. D

Rough oak lumber for sale $1 per linear foot

Hi all, We've decided to sell our house so I have a bunch of cleanup to do and one of the first things is selling off my "practice" lumber. These boards are from a couple oaks that I was given and I paid to have them milled. I am only looking to recoup my costs from milling so I am only asking...
  6. D

Oak lumber for sale $2 per linear foot

I have a stack of Pin Oak and a stack of White Oak lumber that came from two trees my folks had cut down. I had the trees milled for a cheaper source of lumber that I could mainly use for practicing various techniques. It's not lumber mill quality, but there are some good pieces and if you need...
  7. D

Mold or something else?

Last year my folks had a couple trees cut down and I had someone mill them for me. I sealed the ends but that's all. After a couple months, I noticed the discoloration you can see in the picture. First guess is it's mold of some kind. That the case or is this something else?
  8. D

Closing in lean-to

My shop has a lean-to down one side and around the back. I want to close off all or 2/3rds of the back to store a small tractor and other yard tools. You can probably see in the pictures that the lean-to on the side is concreted, but the back is just gravel. I am not planning to insulate the...
  9. D

Workshop lighting upgrade

Hi all! My shop currently has four fluorescent light fixtures so I am need of more light and thought I would upgrade to LED. I have seen some plug in LED fixtures and was hoping I could pull down the current fixtures and wire up outlets in the ceiling to run two separate LED fixtures, thereby...
  10. D

Sealing and storing logs

My folks just had some trees taken down and I want to keep a few of the trucks. What's a good product to seal the ends with? I have a covered shelter behind my shop where I will store them but do I also need to keep them off the ground?
  11. D

House to shop communications

I would really like to set up some two way communication between the house and my shop which is a detached garage about 40ft away. My wife works from home and I want to make it so that she can quickly contact me. We've been using two way radios, but the problem there is I sometimes forget to...
  12. D

Miter saw VS Radial arm saw

I have to admit that I've never really looked into radial arm saws. For whatever reason, I thought they weren't very useful as other tools. Well, I just inherited an old Craftsman RAS and while looking through the manual I really had a feeling of "wow, didn't know a RAS could do that!". It seems...
  13. D

How would you build this?

So my sister-in-law saw a table that she wants me to recreate... attempt to at least. My first thought on this is steaming and bending smaller individual pieces into the C shape and then join them and veneer the whole thing. The only other idea is to cut the corners from larger stock and attach...
  14. D

Help with wiring setup for dust collector

Hi all, I am trying to set up the circuit I need for my dust collector. It requires 240v and pulls 19A. I've installed a dual pole 240v 30A breaker and run 10/2 wire. However, the only outlet I could find was rated at 20A. Since the tool pulls 19A I thought is best to have a 30A circuit. The...
  15. D

Help me decide - Grizzly G0656PX or G0490X jointer

Been looking at jointers from Jet and Grizzly for several days (sparked by the Jet sale) and I am really leaning towards a Grizzly machine. Comparing the G0656PX and G0490X, I don't see many differences, the biggest is the method for adjusting the table. The 0656PX has handwheels, while the...
  16. D

Recommendations on finishing OVRX flooring

Hi all, I just finished putting down the barricade OVRX sub flooring. I wanted to put hardwoods on top of that, but the budget won't allow for that right now. So I am thinking I'd like to seal and stain it. I want to go with a darker stain so that debris and sawdust show up better. Right now, I...
  17. D

Advice needed on hand planing a tabletop

The 20th is my last day at work (being laid off) and I am using this opportunity to spend more time in the shop and hopefully grow my skills beyond a hobbyist. One of the first assignments from my wife is a dining room table. She saw a very simple, country style table made from pine and she...
  18. D

New workshop... need advice

If all goes according to plan, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. It has a detached garage that I'll be using as my workshop, but I'll need to put a floor down and I also want to section off a corner into a small office. Since the floor is concrete, I know I don't want to have the...
  19. D

Solid core door 9ft - FREE

Hi all, i have a 9 foot solid core door that I need to get rid off. First to respond gets it. Dave
  20. D

Plywood source in Durham?

I am looking for a place in (around) Durham to get some better plywood than the stuff Lowe's carries. I only buy a couple full sheets every few months and I sometimes need it cut or the option to buy half sheets. Any recommendations? Thanks! Dave

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS