Plywood source in Durham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

New User
Dave
I am looking for a place in (around) Durham to get some better plywood than the stuff Lowe's carries. I only buy a couple full sheets every few months and I sometimes need it cut or the option to buy half sheets.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Dave

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
What type of plywood, grade and thickness? In Durham, I am only aware of the borgs carrying hardwood veneered plywood, but would be interested if folks knew of other sources. There are certainly places in Raleigh, but if I had to drive anywhere, then my first choice would be the Hardwood Store of NC (see ad on the right). They're in Gibsonville which is about 45-60min from Durham depending on which part of the city you're in. They carry a good selection of hardwood plywoods in different grades and thicknesses and will cut it down (in half) for you.

Sam

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Another plus for the Hardwood Store and they do deliver to the Triangle.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
You will not regret driving to The Hardwood Store, it is well worth the trip. They will cut it down for you, but I do not believe they sell ply in half sheets any more.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Thanks for the thumb's up Bryan. You are correct that will rip or crosscut a sheet of plywood for transportation purposes but not to exact project dimensions. Unfortunately we no longer sell half sheets of the plywood.

Cheryl
The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc.
www.hardwoodstore.com

Watson22

New User
Rooster
Dave, i have a cabinet shop in Durham. I usually keep plywood in stock depending on what you want. I can have what you want delivered to me if you give me some heads up on it. I don't mind cutting or selling you whatever you need.
Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS