Search results

1. MrAudio815

Dust collection

It's been a while, how's everyone been? I just bought a Baileigh 3hp cyclone it has 2111 CFM & an 8" inlet. I'd like to run 8" ducting close to all my machines, then split off to 4" for connecting to machines. Hoping to maximize airflow. Anyone find 8" PVC pipe? Or what would you...
  2. MrAudio815

CNC Shark VS Vision Engraver

Hello, It's been a long time... I am looking into the Vision Engraver, but at $14,000 it has me looking elsewhere. I saw the CNC Shark on a Rockler add I got in my email and it looks promising. It will be mostly for cutting 1/8" pvc with a straight bit & when I have time I'll be engraving...
  3. MrAudio815

Anyway to fix a Shop Vac?

Hello, It's been a while... So sorry. I have been using my Lowe's "Shop Vac" a bit more lately for fine plastic dust. One day it started sounding weird & loud like something was rattling around in the motor. I turned it off, emptied it, blew out the motor area, turned it on & same sound. I...
  4. MrAudio815

Mortise attachments?

Hello, Does anyone have a Shop Fox W1668 drill press & if so do you have a Mortise attachment for it? I would like to get a mortise attachment for it. Someone has a Delta 17-924 which fits quills with 66mm, 50.8mm, 48mm, & 38mm. The Shop Fox quill is 39.75mm. Someone on Sawmill creek said...
  5. MrAudio815

A Few More Turnings~!

Hello, Here are a few more Pen's. Box Elder Burl with Antique Brass Fittings... Tree was on Utah State Universities campus and I go the wood, as it was destined for firewood. The other side...This is one of my Favorite Pens now~! Curly Koa with Gold Fittings....It's so hard to see the...
  6. MrAudio815

Any interest in Honey Locust (Gleditsia triacanthos) wood?

Hello, Just had a Female Gleditsia triacanthos inermis or Thorn-less Common Honey Locust tree cut down today. The main trunk is almost 6 feet tall and approximately 15" across and I put anchor seal on both ends already. Just wondering if anyone has any interest in it? Hobbithouseinc says...
  7. MrAudio815

A Few More Turnings~!

Hello, Here are a few more pens~! These are all the WoodturningZ.com Cigar pen Kits. Mahogany (Philippine, I got when I lived in Okinawa) with Gold. Mahogany (Philippine, I got when I lived in Okinawa) with Chrome. Sapele (Or so I think it is...I did get it from a Cabinets Shops dump and...
  8. MrAudio815

Free Shipping from Klingspor's

Hello, I know this might not matter to a lot of you that live extra close to Klingspor's, but I am sure grateful for Free Shipping and I am sure others will be too. You can find it on there FaceBook page or you can enter this code which lasts till the 27th: FSFBOOK Thanks again...
  9. MrAudio815

Golfball Display Rack - Finished

Hello, I finished this a while back and the Customer loves it. It holds 100 golf balls and has a shelf at the bottom to display his little motorcycles. All in all it was a fun project and took about 6 hours to complete. I also gave him an Awase Meadows Golf Ball as he said he won't make it...
  10. MrAudio815

A Few Turnings~!

Hello, Here are some pens I completed a couple weeks back all are the Premier Cigar Pen kits. Beech Mahogany Bocote Curly Koa Thanks for looking/Commenting~! Of course if you have any tips I am all ears too.
  11. MrAudio815

Has anyone used Cottonwood for Lumber, projects?

Hello, My neighbor has/had a 100 plus year old cottonwood tree over a 100' tall cut down to about 15' height still in the ground. It's about 5' in diameter at the base. I was wondering if the wood is good for anything or if it will just warp, twist, or crack. The grain in some of the dead...
  12. MrAudio815

Oak Dye Stain?

Hello, I'm making a golf ball display and decided to read "Understanding Wood Finishing" by Bob Flexner. It seems like a dye stain would be best to penetrate the wood and not highlight any flaws in sanding, etc. Has anyone found a good dye type stain for Oak (I believe its white oak...
  13. MrAudio815

Router start/stop switch.

Hello, I just installed the switch finally after owning it for 5 years. Well after 6 uses it quit working? Any suggestions? Thanks, Matthew
  14. MrAudio815

Natural Edge

Hello, I have this huge piece of Natural Edge Box Elder Burl... I have never made a hollow forum and want to, but I don't have the tools for that and this would be a cool piece for that as well as for a Natural edge bowl. The Burl parts have cool spikes, but not sure if it's under the bark...
  15. MrAudio815

1" curved counter sink??? For Golf Balls

Hello, I am in the process of making a Golf Ball Display for my Neighbor and have the wood cut out, but I don't have a 1" drill bit to make the recessed hole for the Golf balls. I have a 3/8" curved router bit, and a 1/2" drill bit, but I tested the 1/2" and it is too small. Too much movement...
  16. MrAudio815

Pizza Time... Well Almost~! Completed

Hello, I decided to make a Pizza Peel. Saw it on YouTube and other woodworking websites. Here's my progress so far. Thanks for looking/Commenting~!
  17. MrAudio815

Box Elder Burl - huge defect???

Hello, I am loving the burl on this piece, but there's a huge defect where I was goings to have the bottom. What should I do? ? [center] View image in gallery[/center Thanks for any advice
  18. MrAudio815

Box Elder Burl Bowl in Progress

Hello, Here is a Box Elder Burl bowl I am making. I cut the tree down about a year ago and Saturday I noticed a small crack so I started turning, adding thin CA when needed. I think it's turning out nicely, just needs quite a bit more sanding to make all the burl eyes smooth. With...
  19. MrAudio815

Planer Dust Hood

Hello, I finally completed a much needed hood... So many shavings on the ground. Used Maple Veneered MDF that was thrown away at the cabinet shop, just need to put some finish on it. It works flawlessly... at least with a 5" wide board on my HF 2hp dust collector. Hole cut with Jasper jig...
  20. MrAudio815

New way to make Segments

Hello, I was looking over a Jan/Feb 1985 edition of Fine Woodworking and came across something that I think can be used for segments. It would make the glue surface side grain to side grain and the top/bottom of the rings would be end grain. So in a vase the end grain would go from the bottom...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS