You Must Update Your Profile - NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
You Must Update Your Profile - NOW. WHY, becuase if you don't you will lose your DQ Status and even access to the site.

As I stated on the marquee at the top, I am making some important changes. Not so much as what info is supplied but more, in how it is presented and some new options that are needed to comply with a more general Privacy Statement that will be published shortly.

I am asking that you immediately go into your profile and either fill in the new fields or modify your content to match the new intent. There are also 2 new options, that must set properly to allow us to Send your info to Klingspor for discounts and another that both allows us to make you a Member and to share that info with the state if necessary.

HUH??? The sharing of your info with Klingspor for discount purposes is old hat. We've doing do it with your implicit permission(by you filling out the data) for quite a while. Now, you must fill in the data and set an explict option that allows us to share with Klingspor.

Permission to be a member? You thought your were already a member. Not since we became a non-profit corporation. Right now I am the only member, but we need to increase that number substantially.

The board of directors is working on what makes a member, but at least from legal point of view, we must have your contact info and be able send it to the state if required. My understanding is that the state never requires a list of members unless there is a contested election. But Ican't be sure that is the only reason. anyway, I am trying to get everything in place for a bunch of things. If you don't get your profile info correct, then there is good chance your lose your DQ privilages and especially Klinspor.

I also ask that you supply your contact info, even if you intend to opt out of everything. If I had had all that information, The selling and shipping of calendars, etc would have taken days LESS time than it did.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I took a quick look at my profile and did not see anything new or anything that needed to be added. Have I missed something?

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
The only thing I noticed was the addition of a Last Name field, where before it was just Name.

Did I miss anything? That's all I changed.

RayH

New User
Ray
Okay. Added the last name and checked the "okay to send" box. Any thing else? Is there a way to check/confirm that we are "compliant" as the state would wish?:roll::eusa_pray:eusa_thin
Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Done ... got my name corrected, input my phone number, selected the option to be a member and messed with some other stuff I had never seen.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Done. :icon_thum

If folks have a problem finding everything.

You have to edit "your details" and "your options"

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Wait, I am having problems with positioning let me straighten it out. But most have the correct. The old field Name is now called First/Nickname. The idea is what you want to be called in post and in get togethers. My first name is Stephen, but everyone calls me Steve which I prefer over some nicknames, I have been called.:gar-La; There are Davids on this forum, some prefer Dave and some prefer David. This is the field to indicate which.

Before, we used a single line for our legal name, now I am dividing it into 4 parts, First, Middle, Last, Suffix (Jr, III, etc)

we are asking for a contact Phone Number. There are the two opt in options. Also I have changed where they are so I hope you find them easier. Not quite finished yet.

BTW, ONLY staff members can see this info (except for nickname).

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
After 2 tries, DUH :BangHead: , I think I got everything updated! :thumbs_up

Brian.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, I think I have everything I should.

Will the staff please look at what I have done and let me what they think. WEvery thing I have done so far is to set the stage for the next set of changes.:BangHead::XXfridge::slap::argue::3dblob3::5sigh::gar-Cr:swoon:

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
>> There are also 2 new options, that must set properly to allow us to Send your info to Klingspor for discounts and another that both allows us to make you a Member and to share that info with the state if necessary.

Guess it's just me but where are the options that must be set? I don't find them on the "edit profile" page.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Is there a way for us to be sure we have updated all of the necessary info? I THINK I got everything, but I'm not positive.

Thanks.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Would have been nice to have a bit more details of what to change and where to change it up front.

Plus, I am not all that keen on giving out my phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS