You guys demand pictures, Projects and "shop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Here are some pictures of some projects and the shop...I mean bedroom.

Here is the "shoe closet" I built, don't really have a name for it...
shoe_closet.jpg

And it open
shoe_closet_2.jpg

I did the entire house in 3/4" x 8" TG yellow pine. I did all of the staining, poly and installation. Took me 2+ years as I could only do 1/3rd of the house along the way. Here is the loft Area I finished first with the built in shelves for the DVDs and wifes books, excuse the mess its my wife "hobby" room.
loft.jpg

This is a shelf and cabinet I built on the stair landing. All done with just a biscuit joiner I got from x-mas and my miter saw. I didn't have a router or decent saw yet. The cabinet doors are some cool fabric my wife liked.
bookshelf.jpg

Rockler table that I built a cabinet inside for my bits, safety stuff and extra router.
router.jpg

I have never built drawers before so I tested some out on the miter saw stand. Since I am using a spare room everything is on wheels so on nice days I work outside on the deck.
miter.jpg

I just finished the closet and built the rolling cabinet with the "shorts" in the black waste baskets and the longer pieces in the top.
closet_2.jpg

This is the little mobile rack for board up to 4 feet tall.
closet.jpg

I have some more projects on working on but I don't want to post all the goodies right now!!! Don't be greedy :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: You guys demand pictures....projects and "shop"

Ask and you shall receive, eh? :D
Great looking projects :thumbsup:

The shoe closet is very innovative and clearly you have tackled some tough projects with a limited arsenal of tools :eusa_clap

Hope you don't mind, but I'm moving this thread to the "Wood Forum" where it will receive the attention it merits.

Thanks for sharing,
Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Holy smokes, Wes... you've done some really great projects. The paneling looks terrific. If you run out of home improvements to do at your place, I'll send you directions to my place.:wwink:

Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Wes!!!!

That SYP looks terrific!!!! Excellent use of space too (bookshelf and cabinet)!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc That wood will continue to age gracefully and render some wonderful color over time!

Now........you have been really busy, right!!???

If I need some closet design work, I know who to call!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Great work!

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy

Wow! Some excellent and innovative projects!!!!!!!!

nelsone

New User
Ed

Great projects! I really like the shoe closet!

Kicbak

New User
Wes

Thanks, I didn't know for sure where to put it.
Since I have slowly been getting tools just trying to design something knowing what kind of joints and cuts I can make really made it hard sometimes. Adding the routers and table have the biggest single impact on design and strength. I use so many dados, grooves and rabbets now just so everything lines up. I really couldn't do anything like that before the router table.

I'm trying to finish up a shadow box to hold some souvenirs and I'll snap some more pics for that when its finished. I'm using Tried and True varnish oil on it. I've only finished with poly or spar urethane and really wanted to try something new. That stuff it really amazing, and I'm sure I'll use it again.

Wes

erasmussen

New User
RAS

Wow, I like the way you did the Loft:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Perhaps it's my SC birth & NC upbringing in building, but I've always enjoyed & appreciated SYP. Must have something to do with stacking lumber to dry as a teenager before grade marked & dry lumber was required for framing. I'd come home with sap all over my hands. Thanks for the pics on some great projects.:icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

no one else has asked where the ski boots are???? What do you ski on?? and where?? I grew up on skis, both cross-country(used to be a formidable racer in the old Bill Koch youth ski league) and down hill. My old skis have hung in the shop for way too long now :(

really nice work on the loft and other improvements!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wes, those are some great pictures of your shop and woodworking projects. I'm a big fan of pine, so that loft is the cat's meow as far as I am concerned. Nice job also on dust collection, gotta keep that shop clean.

Now, since you were so quick to oblige with the pictures, I now demand Felder sliding table saws for all 1500 NCWW members. No hurry, relax over the weekend, you can arrange delivery by Wednesday or so. :)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wes,

Those are some very impressive projects! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I've been shopless for a while now, so I feel your pain on having to keep everything mobile and working outside. Now about that table saw........ :rotflm:

Trent :)

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Saws should have been delivered this morning. If you didn't get one, you missed out I guess. I do have an old craftsman circular saw you could use instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors