Yorkcraft Jointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Anybody here know where one can get parts (knives in particular) for a 6" jointer? For some reason Wilke doesn't seem to be selling Yorkcrafts anymore. The Yorkcraft does look basically identical to the Delta 37-195/37-275X and I thought I might be able to get parts utilizing the delta model.

Thanks.

tv

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Knives on most are pretty standard sizes. Just measure the thickness and width and you can order a bunch of different places. Junquecol posted a site a while back that had very good prices on knives.

zimman20

New User
Rich Zimmerman
I just bought replacement knives for my Grizz 8" at an online place called 'Woodworkers Outpost'. Their price was $26 for HSS knives when Grizz had their HSS knives for $50+, IIRC. Fast service, etc. HTH

www.woodworkersoutpost.com

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Thanks, Travis and Rich, for the links.

I guess there is some kind of gloat in here. My wife purchased a used 6" Yorkcraft Jointer from an acquaintance of ours. It was only about 18-24 months old, good condition and the individual was selling for a good price. She bought it on the sly for my bday and surprised me this weekend. I didn't realized till today that Wilke wasn't selling them anymore. Thought I would figure out where to get blades ahead of time before I actually needed them.

tv

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, Travis and Rich, for the links.

I guess there is some kind of gloat in here. My wife purchased a used 6" Yorkcraft Jointer from an acquaintance of ours. It was only about 18-24 months old, good condition and the individual was selling for a good price. She bought it on the sly for my bday and surprised me this weekend. I didn't realized till today that Wilke wasn't selling them anymore. Thought I would figure out where to get blades ahead of time before I actually needed them.

tv

So is this a wife gloat or a tool gloat???? Sounds like you got a winner either way :icon_thum

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrat's Todd!

Now for the DC, eh?

(Oh by the way the Space Balls work great in the panels! TXS again!)

You will be showing us a pic when you get it home, right?

Wayne

M

McRabbet

You now are rewarded with an official "YOU SUCK" -- Kudos to your wife for a great choice of surprises!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sweet machine and clearly a sweet wife :icon_thum
The Yorkcraft pretty much looks like the Sunhill too, don't think you'll have any problem finding blades.

Happy planning,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS