Working with spalted wood seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaysa

New User
Dr. Spalting
For anyone who might be in the Michigan area this March, I thought I might give you a heads up. I'm giving a short (~20 minute) seminar at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) about how to work with and stabilize spalted wood. I can e-mail people the abstract if anyone is interested.

Seri :cool:

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I certainly wish you were closer :) I would love a copy of the abstract, too...perhaps posting it to the library? Rob (McRabbet) can help you with that if you are willing.

kaysa

New User
Dr. Spalting
There's no postage involved. I was offering to e-mail it to people. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll reply with the abstract attached.

Seri

kaysa

New User
Dr. Spalting
I wasn't sure if there was much point in posting just an abstract in a library. I can certainly post some links to websites where people could gather information however. A good place to start would be to get your hands on Kip Christensen's M.S. Thesis from Brigham Young University. You can see the google results for it here:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=spalted&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search

Its the third option on the page.

Seri

M

McRabbet

Seri,

Please e-mail a copy to me at rrpayne at bellsouth.net and I will add it to the download library. Thanks. I echo Mike Davis' suggestion for a transcript, too. If you do decide to add any links to the Link Library, use the Wood Reference category. It is really pretty easy. Ditto the Download Library -- files should be public domain material and preferably in PDF format.

Thanks.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hey
Sounds interesting to me. I love spalted wood and am not quite 50-50 in the success department. I'd appreciate the information.
I tell you the more I'm on this site the better and better it proves to be. And the people- far as I'm concerned everyone I've had any dealing with ought to take a bow and be counted in the all too often overlooked "GOod People Still Exist" section.
Many thanks is advance !

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
And the people- far as I'm concerned everyone I've had any dealing with ought to take a bow and be counted in the all too often overlooked "GOod People Still Exist" section.

That's only because you haven't met me yet!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

kaysa

New User
Dr. Spalting
Seri,

Please e-mail a copy to me at rrpayne at bellsouth.net and I will add it to the download library. Thanks. I echo Mike Davis' suggestion for a transcript, too.
Thanks.

I just attempted to add the presentation to the downloads library, with no success. Would you like me to e-mail you the whole presentation so it can be added to the library, or just the abstract?

Sorry for the delay. But I didn't want the presentation online until after it had been given, which was last Friday!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Seri,
Uploads to the library have to be approved by the Library Administrator.
Of course, Rob (McRabbet) is the Library Administrator. :icon_thum
So when he comes online, he will see it in the "que" and approve.
At least, that's how I think it works :eusa_pray

HTH,
Roger

M

McRabbet

I just attempted to add the presentation to the downloads library, with no success. Would you like me to e-mail you the whole presentation so it can be added to the library, or just the abstract?

Sorry for the delay. But I didn't want the presentation online until after it had been given, which was last Friday!
What problems did you have with your upload? Ideally, your materials have been printed as a PDF file, which is the best format. We would like the whole peresentation, if you are willing. If the fill is too long, it can be saved in sections and uploaded in parts. E-mail me or send me a PM if you have further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS