Roger
First Christmas in memory that I didn't get a flannel shirt :eusa_danc
And I told Linda if she gave me a Snuggie for Xmas I would leave her :yes4lo:

Yep, I got a Snuggie :XXfridge:

Roger

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
OK,I know some of you will think I'm nut's,BUT have any of you talked your sweety out of spending big bucks on ya??? I did.I was talkin about gettin the one way coring system,Yup the whole dang thang.I already got the McNaughton.Well she got wind of it and ordered it,but I found out an had ta talk her out of it.Yeah I'm nutts.But I ended up with a real nice adjustable shop chair for my wacky backy:gar-Bi The ridged shop vac(big sucker too)bunch of clothes and about 500.00 worth of gift cards,where else but woodcraft.:gar-La; and some other goodies.Hope ya all had a VERY Merry Christmas

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I got a set of three veritas saws, two dovetail and a crosscut. First time the wife and I exchanged in three years. I have to do this more often.:gar-Bi

V50T0501.jpg

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Yamaha P85 Digital Piano for me. 88 fully weighted keys, plays exactly like an acoustic piano. This thing is sweet. Sold my old keyboard, a Yamaha ypg-235 on Craig's list. Listed one night, delivered it the next morning. No woodworking tools.:no:

Nice score. I've played a lot of electric/digital pianos and I think Yamaha is about as good as they come in terms of replicating the sound and feel of a "real" piano. Roland is probably a close second IMHO, but not too close. I've got a Clavinova that I've had for about 15 years now.

Congrats!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Nice Scores everyone...

I got a set of 4 irwin clamps 12" :eusa_danc

Three hollow Turning tools :eusa_danc from this guy: http://www.woodturningadventures.com/ They're my first hollowing tools and all three for under $66.20......They were $66.10 shipped. :eusa_danc

And a Stanley Clamping miter box with saw :eusa_danc

I am very happy with my gifts and will be trying the Hollowing tools out tomorrow evening~!

After we get back from the wife's Christmas Present........The Nutcracker Ballet in Raleigh.

Merry Christmas everyone~!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
We took it easy this year. I got two bottles CA glue, two Lowe's gift cards, some 2" spring clamps and a Garmin GPS for the truck.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I got a set of three veritas saws, two dovetail and a crosscut. First time the wife and I exchanged in three years. I have to do this more often.:gar-Bi

V50T0501.jpg

TWO dovetail saws?? One for each hand? :gar-Bi

Nice haul on the saws.

Chuck

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Got a set of Rockler bench cookies ( wish I would have had these sanding and routing the cutting boards) a Kreg right angle face clamp and rumor has it there bay be some chisels coming from daughter and son in law.

We took it easy for the most part. The misses kept asking what do you want and I just said we have enough besides I know I am going to need some more clamps for when ever I start assembly on a chest I started for her this past spring.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It is hard to shop for me. I usually get what I "need" throughout the year. At Christmas time I really have to think about what I "want." Unfortunately, most of what I "want" falls in the category of when I win the lottery!

Anyway I came up with a few things- like some of you guys I got one of the new Lee Valley dovetail saws. I suspect sales were very strong on that saw this year. I believe one of my kids will be getting me the only other thing on my list- a set of Microplane files. My wife also got me a LV mini round-over plane.

V50T0501.jpg
07p1507s1.jpg

The most surprising gifts we received from out daughter and son-in-law, who are posted to the US Embassy in Libya, were two books by AARP for us to fill out- "from your Grandfather (Grandmother); A Gift of Memory for My Grandchild." So, it looks like sometime in the next year (9 months) I will become a Grandfather, and I guess more of a geezer than I already am!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
The most surprising gifts we received from out daughter and son-in-law, who are posted to the US Embassy in Libya, were two books by AARP for us to fill out- "from your Grandfather (Grandmother); A Gift of Memory for My Grandchild." So, it looks like sometime in the next year (9 months) I will become a Grandfather, and I guess more of a geezer than I already am!Alan -

Congrats and welcome to geezer-dom.

Old geezer Ernie

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Santa was really good to me this year...I even got my presents early! The biggest item was obviously the JJP-12 jointer/ planer combo. Plus a 16/32 drum sander to go with it. The most used tool so far though is the Lee Valley 4" double square. Which just shows you not every present has to be really expensive to be worthwhile. :tool:

and a digital height guage for the planer.
Which one are you going to mount it on, your Grizzly J/P combo or the Oliver? If the former...I may need to pick your brain on that one... :eusa_thin

Rob

New User
Rob
Santa was good to the shop this year. A Rikon 6" belt sander/10" disc sander, 1/4" bowl gouge, and gift cards to woodcraft. Probably pick me up a large roughing gouge with the gift cards.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

V50T0501.jpg

I also got a Stanley No. 93 rabbet plane from the inlaws :eusa_danc.

It was a very good year !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS