Woodworking Stuff for X-Mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
I know every one got some sort of gloat on the way. Here's mine. Socks, shirts and skivies...I guess I do wear all three in the shop so does that count.:dontknow:

Remenber the true reason for the season and have a wonderful holiday

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
back ay ya, Dan. I didnt get any WW stuff for Christmas, but I ordered a Freud 10" thin kerf combo blade and Olsen 1/8" BS blade for my birthday last week. :icon_thum

Let you hair down, and if you have no hair, be thankful that you save a bundle on haircuts.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score! :eusa_danc We haven't opened our presents yet, but I doubt I'll be getting nay tools. Doesn't matter though, just enjoying a wonderful day with my sweetheart and having good times is all that matters today. :eek:ccasion1

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I got one of these for the drill press per my request. The drill press is one of the few tools I have that needs some type of chip collection. I hope it works.

new_drill_press_dust_colector_300_2.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Yamaha P85 Digital Piano for me. 88 fully weighted keys, plays exactly like an acoustic piano. This thing is sweet. Sold my old keyboard, a Yamaha ypg-235 on Craig's list. Listed one night, delivered it the next morning. No woodworking tools.:no:

M

McRabbet

Santa put one of these in my stocking because he knew I broke my old one...
TL009M.jpg

It should keep me on the level for years to come!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I did outstanding for Christmas !!!!

New jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, plaid shirts - all shop wear. And a new radio/CD player for the shop. Rock 'n Roll Baby!!! - And I'll be the best dressed in the neighborhood.:gar-La;

And!!!!!!!!!!!!

The girls ordered dad an electric branding iron so I can label all of projects built for them.

I will be smokin' in about 1 week! ('til delivery):gar-La;:gar-La;

Turkey in the oven.:icon_thum:icon_thum (As a trip over 7 people squawking with some new gizmo called WII.:dontknow:)

Fun Times,

Wayne

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jeans, terabyte external hard drive, bedroom slippers (TMI??)...

oh, and this...

Keen Kutter K6C

Bedrock in disguise? Blade needs shaping/sharpening but the plane is in good shape with no apologies. I wiped down exposed metal with paste wax/very fine steel wool and buffed. Japaned areas paste wax wiped on and buffed out. Same with knob and tote.

I think this will be a keeper. :eusa_danc

IMG_2562.JPG

Chuck

Threejs

New User
David
I got a trip to the mortice and dovetail class at the woodwright school, and a couple or shwartz books.

davejones

New User
Dave
I got some Bessey clamps (which I was in dire need of). :icon_cheers

I also got a bit o' tool money to spend on whatever I want! :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Other than two gift cards of unknown amounts to Lowes which were my only "ww" related items, I got a meat grinder attachment for my stand mixer, a (hopefully) good non-stick pan, a set of SS mixing bowls, and a bunch of clothes.

Can you tell I like to cook too?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
From the looks of this post a lot of folks received some very cool stuff (Pete and Chuck, I'm jealous!)

The Doc really went overboard on wood shop related goodies.

For starters, she had signs made from two antique two-man crosscut saws for the woodshop. One of them reads "quartersawnoak.com", and the other reads "QSO Building". I'll mount the QSO building one on the outside of the new shop, and the other inside. They are even sharp!

She also got me a couple of Wixey goodies - a digital tablesaw height guage to replace one lost in the fire, and a digital height guage for the planer.

Additionally, she stopped by Home Depot yesterday and picked up a nice Ryobi set of 4V Lithium Ion goodies - a small drill, flashlight, powered snips, battery drill/driver and ear muffs. Most of these will go into a portable took kit that I use for household maintenance activities around the farm.

I also received a very, very cool flashlight! Instead of batteries, it stores power in capacitors instead of batteries, and get this - it only takes 90 seconds to fully charge it! Once charged, it will provide a medium intensity light for 60 minutes, followed by another 60 minutes of low intensity light, or 25 minutes of very bright light followed by 60 minutes of low light. Then, only 90 seconds to recharge. Remarkable...

The biggest surprise was that she got me a "Caution - you are entering a "NO SPIN ZONE" doormat for the shop, along with several volumns of the Woodsmith - bound version.

All in all a great haul!

I made her some stuff in the shop - pix to come in the next few days.

Scott

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The cyclone and duct work were considered my woodworking-related gift this year so not much of anything ww'ing was under the tree. Good thing I have a birthday in another month! haha

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Bessey corner clamp

Klingspor gift certificate

Klingspor hat

Hat with a light in it (I don't have a light on the outside of the shop)

Couple of new :)banana:) movies

Ergonomic windshield cleaning tool for the inside

A new book

A terabyte hard drive that I hope will hook to my Tivo.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Bessey corner clamp

Klingspor gift certificate

Klingspor hat

Hat with a light in it (I don't have a light on the outside of the shop)

Couple of new :)banana:) movies

Ergonomic windshield cleaning tool for the inside

A new book

A terabyte hard drive that I hope will hook to my Tivo.

My son put a 1 terabyte drive on his Tivo. It will work.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Since this is a good thread to brag in :)

I gots this little gem:
05p4401s5.jpg

And one of these monsters in my stocking!
05p8001i.jpg

And the first DVD of the Nora Hall Woodcarving series.

And an 8qt Pressure Cooker!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors