Woodpeckers Tools Customer Service

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Around eight years ago, I purchased the Kreg PRS3000 router lift and PRS1045 router table. I found out that the Kreg PRS3000 lift is actually a rebrand of Woodpeckers PRL_V2. Awhile ago, I noticed that the fine adjust height adjust thumb wheel had gotten extremely difficult to turn. I decided to reach out to Kreg support for a suggested fix. I was immediately referred to Woodpeckers support.

Upon contacting Woodpeckers, they offered me two options 1.) Ship me a suspect lift nut with install instructions or 2.) Ship the lift back to them for a free examination and repair/refurbish. Went with option 1 Initially without any significant difference. I then decided to ship the lift back in. (Note that this was roughly close to 8 years after my initial purchase.)

Today, about 10 days later, I received my refurbished lift with another new lift nut and replaced the fine adjustment thumb wheel and gearbox! Albeit the thumb wheel is now Woodpeckers red. Installed it back in my router table and it has been returned to like new performance. It did cost me $28 to return it, but they replaced parts/,labor and return shipping for $0!

I would rate their Customer Service as top notch! Great folks to work with and they really stand behind their products.

Wayne

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Wayne, several years ago I also had a problem with my Woodpecker router lift. I also found their customer service to be excellent. Their products can be costly, but they do stand by them.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
This is good to know. So many companies that used to have good customer service have really let their CS departments go to crap in the last few years. Very nice to know that Woodpeckers isn't one that went that route.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
This is good to know. So many companies that used to have good customer service have really let their CS departments go to crap in the last few years. Very nice to know that Woodpeckers isn't one that went that route.
Yes, very true. What surprised me was that the lift was well out of their warranty period as well as turning it around so quickly! 10 days total, with 3 days there and back from Cary to Strongsville, Ohio. It was only in their shop about 3-4 days. When I contacted Kreg, they just blew me off and directly referred me to Woodleckers!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
IMHO it is always best to buy from the primary source rather than a re-branded seller (unless it is impossible to tell up front). In this case it is obvious that Kreg (while a good company) could not support the product they were reselling, but I think they did a poor job of supporting their customer here. I have the original Woodpecker PRL-V2 with a Milwaukee 5625 3-1/2 HP Router and replied to Wayne when he contacted me to see if I had similar issues with my unit (which I had not, fortunately). I'm really happy that Woodpeckers took the issue at heart and supported their product even when it was through another vendor -- I agree they did an exemplary job of customer service!

Wayne, I'm glad you got it fixed!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
IMHO it is always best to buy from the primary source rather than a re-branded seller (unless it is impossible to tell up front). In this case it is obvious that Kreg (while a good company) could not support the product they were reselling, but I think they did a poor job of supporting their customer here. I have the original Woodpecker PRL-V2 with a Milwaukee 5625 3-1/2 HP Router and replied to Wayne when he contacted me to see if I had similar issues with my unit (which I had not, fortunately). I'm really happy that Woodpeckers took the issue at heart and supported their product even when it was through another vendor -- I agree they did an exemplary job of customer service!

Wayne, I'm glad you got it fixed!
A pic of the gearbox prior to the refurbish....
2023-04-09_11-22-58_943.jpg

Thanks to you too Rob for comparing our setups to help isolating my issue.

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's strange the Kreg version is priced much less than the Woodpecker. Maybe I am not comparing apples to apples, but I guess we now know which company is paying their Customer Support team.

Kelly

Kelly
User
I had the exact same experience with Woodpecker’s. They are top shelf on customer support.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors