Winston-Salem area Wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Anderson Jr

New User
James
Where do you guys prefer to purchase your wood from? I have only been in Winston for a few years so I am not familiar with all the places that are in close proximity. My purchases will be in small quantities and mostly red oak (Wife's favorite).

Thanks,

James

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Jim

You may want to check out the Hardwood Store over in Gibsonville. Not too far from you, I think.

The Hardwood store of North Carolina
106 V East Railroad Ave
Gibsonville, NC 27249
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 1-888-445-7335[/FONT]
http://www.hardwoodstore.com

Also. Have a look at the Wood supplier list under the Woodworking in NC tab at the top of your screen.

Great folks, fair pricing and super selection at the Hardwood Store!

Wayne

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I go to wall lumber some its in Mayodan NC. Takes about an Hour from Lewisville. I might go tomorrow. ( Friday Jan. 29th )

b4man

New User
Barbara
Driving to Mooresville to the Woodworking Source takes me about an hour and 15 door to door from NW Greensboro. I go the back roads 801 from Mocksville to Main St to get there. Look to the right of your screen for the Ad. The owner Rick is a great member here and has just about any kind of wood in stock. He doesn't turn away small orders and is always happy to help anyway he can.

Hope you get a chance to take the short drive and visit the huge warehouse of wood, tools and moulding that'll pop your eyes out!

Barbara

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Driving to Mooresville to the Woodworking Source takes me about an hour and 15 door to door from NW Greensboro. I go the back roads 801 from Mocksville to Main St to get there. Look to the right of your screen for the Ad. The owner Rick is a great member here and has just about any kind of wood in stock. He doesn't turn away small orders and is always happy to help anyway he can.

Hope you get a chance to take the short drive and visit the huge warehouse of wood, tools and moulding that'll pop your eyes out!

Barbara

It is a great place and a huge selection of wood! Well worth the trip. And yes, Rick is a great guy. You may also meet other members there as I did.

Red

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Jim

You may want to check out the Hardwood Store over in Gibsonville. Not too far from you, I think.

The Hardwood store of North Carolina
106 V East Railroad Ave
Gibsonville, NC 27249
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 1-888-445-7335[/FONT]
http://www.hardwoodstore.com

Also. Have a look at the Wood supplier list under the Woodworking in NC tab at the top of your screen.

Great folks, fair pricing and super selection at the Hardwood Store!

Wayne

+1 to HSoNC. Before I found them, I would trek all the way to Wall's from just south of Raleigh. They are both great sources and their staffs are friendly and knowledgable, so pick which one is closer and go there. :icon_thum

bassndboat

New User
Mark
I buy most of my wood from Larry Beane in East Bend. He has a portable sawmill set up and will cut any size boards you want. He also has alot of wood that is already dry. His phone number is 336-428-0391 if anyone wants to give him a call.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
In addition to The Hardwood Store, Wall Lumber, the Woodworking source, etc, one of our members - Kyle Edwards - operates a sawmill and kiln in Iron Station, NC.

Although I have not purchased from the Hardwood Store, I have purchased from Steve Wall, Kyle Edwards and Rick Denardo (Moulding Source), and have found all three of them to be top notch people with a great deal of integrity. You won't go wrong purchasing from any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS