Who wants Fire Extinguishers Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I should fairly soon be able to get my hands on plenty of fire extinguishers for any one here who will want one.

I work in facilities management at Cone Hospital and we have about 120 extinguishers that will most likley be replaced. These will be thrown away so if any of you want some I will be glad to get as many as I can. Most of these are 10 lb ABC bottles. They are fully charged, in good operating condition, rechargeable and repairable. There are 2 in my shop still charged that came out of the building 2 years ago. The only issue with them is they have to be hydrotested to pass annuall inspection and stay in the Hospital and it is generally cheaper to replace them than go through the DOT testing procedure.

I dont know how soon this will happen but it should be in 4 to 6 weeks and could be a little longer. I wanted to get this out there and a list together because when it does happen I will only get a couple of days notice as I will be the one going with the contracted company replacing them. I'm guessing that after Scotts fire and my neighbors house fire there may be a fair amount of interest.

-If you do want any post in this thread how many you want.
-I will ask that (for now) you limit your request to no more than 2 per member.
-It will have to be a first come first serve basis, the list will be in order of response and I cant guarranty everyone will get them but I will do my best.
-I will keep this thread updated as to who and how many.
-I did not mention price because they are free to those who want.

Due to sheer economics and lack of time I will not be able to deliever them to everyone so we will have to put the pony express to work or pick them up here in Burlington. We will work something out.

Now for the unfortunate disclaimer. There is a possibility that they will not be replaced but go through the testing procedure but I do not think that is likely. I just dont want to surprise you if I have to say sorry cant get them.

I'm offering them here because this is such a great community and this is one way I can contribute.

The wants have exceeded what I may be able to get. I have created a spredsheet with all but the last few post but its on the laptop and the misses has it at the beach.

There is a new wrinkle that I overlooked that will have to be worked out. I will not go into details in a public forum but I hope I can work it out.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Re: Who wants Fire Extinguishers

Bryan,

I'll take 2.

My work travel has started back up again so I can Pony them around if the deliveries can fit into my travel schedule. I'll post a day or so ahead when & where I'm going.

Jerry

J

jeff...

I'll take my limit of two - Plus two for Jim (Insteadof) and two for George (Gator) (I'm sure they will also want their limit of two) - that is if you get them - I completely understand if it doesn't come through. Thanks for offering it's a really great gesture of kindness... and in the spirit of ncwoodworker.net

Thanks again

mkepke

Mark
Senior User

Bryan..I would also take two if they become available.

Very generous of you.

-Mark

Cuprousworks

Mike
User

Great idea for keeping them out of a landfill and a generous offer. I would like two.

Mike

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Two for me too. Thank you!! I'll pick mine up in Burlington if and when you get them.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Bryan, I'd like to have two. Thanks for such a fantastic offer! If it doesn't go through - well, can't lose what you never had.

And let's hope nobody ever has to use them.

bitbight

New User
Ray

If they are available, I would like 2 also. Never can be careful enough were fire is concerned.

Greatly appreciate the spirit of your offer.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL

if its FREE its for ME.

thanx in advance i use woodstove in winter, always nice to have fire ext. handy.

2 for me please.

:qleft7:YOU ROCK:qright5:

cskipper

Cathy

We'll take two if available and the pony express eventually comes this way. Thanks for the generous offer - and what a great way to keep them out of the landfill. No problem if it doesn't work out.

bluthart

New User
Brian

Bryan - I could use one if any jump on the express towards Charlotte. Thanks!

sawduster

New User
Robert

The generosity of the members of this group never ceases to amaze me :eusa_clap

Good lookin' out bro ....for your fellow members and the ecology :icon_thum

I would like 2 please if it works out
...if it doesn't , u still da man, man :thumbs_up

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bryan,

I'd like 2 please. And thanks for the generous offer.

Rich

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Thanks for putting the family first. I will take 2 if and when.

U Rock!!!!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I'd like to have two and I can deliver to anyone in the Mt. Airy/Dobson area.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne

I would love to have 2 if the Pony Express comes anywhere near Morganton. A very good offer to help people out! Every shop should have 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS