Where do you store your Finishing supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am curious where everyone else stores their finishing supplies. From stains to polys to glue etc.. Most of us are not fortunate enough to be able to afford to have a 24-7 climate controlled shop. Personally I carry mine back and forth from the shop to the house during freezing or extremely hot temperatures. My shop has a window unit operational during the hot months while I am in the shop only and a portable heater in the cold months to knock the chill off while working. I know that extreme heat and cold can affect glues and finishes and am looking for ideas to store them with a minimum amount of moving them.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My shop is in the garage and I store all my supplies in there. It is heated only when I want to work and light the kerosone heater. Without heat it gets down to the low 40s but that is it. I have no windows or A/C so summer is my rough time.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have an old freezer I gutted of the motor and compressor. I keep a 15W light bulb burning in the bottom in the winter.

100_0293.JPG

George

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have an old upright freezer that quit freezing a few years back. I disconected the moter and took out the switch button so when plugged in the light stays on. In the winter it stays about 70* in there. I have to replace the buld a couple times a year.:icon_thum shelves in the door hold the small stuff.:gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have an old upright freezer that quit freezing a few years back. I disconected the moter and took out the switch button so when plugged in the light stays on. In the winter it stays about 70* in there. I have to replace the buld a couple times a year.:icon_thum shelves in the door hold the small stuff.:gar-Bi

And another great idea. Is that the thing that helps you build such nice clocks?:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS