Where can I get Recycled Building Material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Well......after looking at the numbers for renting a truck and the time I have to take off to deconstruct the shed I don't know if it's worth the time and money. The truck rental is going to run between $300-400 one way (fortunately the mileage is unlimited). Then it's going to take several days to take it down.

I need advise on whether you really think this is worth it? I don't have the money to outright buy the lumber and I'm paying $70/month for a storage unit. My father even offered to pay for half of the truck, but I'm still looking at about $250 to get the lumber back down here.

Thoughts? Ideas? I really want to make this work somehow.

Borrow a truck and use your dad's $$ for gas.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There's a guy in Stokesdale that sells rough cut pine for 25 cents a foot. For $250 you could get 1000 bd ft. More than enough to build a shed if you order the right cuts. Maybe some of the millers here charge a little more but would be closer to you?

MikeH

New User
Mike
There's a guy in Stokesdale that sells rough cut pine for 25 cents a foot. For $250 you could get 1000 bd ft. More than enough to build a shed if you order the right cuts. Maybe some of the millers here charge a little more but would be closer to you?

Thanks for the info Mike. I will have to check around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors