What's on your table saw fence right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
I also have a 123 block, love those things, a few pencils and push stick. I have a sacrificial fence on the blade side that is tall enough that nothing can fall on the blade.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
18"metal rule, often a pencil, occasionally calipers or other paraphenalia. The Xacta fence has raised sides, so little chance of anything flat falling off. I have a shop cart sitting partly under and to the right side of the saw, it's handy for push sticks and blocks, miter gauge, cutoffs, etc.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't know, as I can't see it. Due to illness and hospital stays, I haven't been able to go to shop for a couple months now. But with saw being largest, and closest flat surface to door, it's covered with two months worth of stuff. Definition : TABLE SAW - Large flat surface, usually covered in STUFF, some times used to cut wood, AFTER REMOVING STUFF!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I know I shouldn't have things on the fence, but since the fence does have a lip on each side I don't worry too much about anything falling into the blade (false logic, but my logic nonetheless). That said, I usually have a rule, push stick, and pencil.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
At this moment, riding on the fence:

1) Mechanical pencil.
2) Carpenter's pencil.
3) Safety glasses.
4) Another pair of safety glasses. (Dunno why.)
5) Push stick.
6) Remote for the DC.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
A magnetic tray. My fence is similar to the Unifence with a cast iron carrier out to the side. Perfect place to put one of those magnetic trays to hold things like Allen wrenches, arbor bushing, wrenches, etc. Off to the right side of the fence so no worries about things falling onto the spinning blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors