Western NC Woodworkers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Several of us in the western part of the state would like to have a club in this area where we can share faces, projects, demonstrations and discussion at monthly meetings. If you live in western NC (or neighboring SC or TN) and would be interested, you'll find a new Public Group that you can sign up for. Go to Other Links and select User Control Panel. Then, on the left side choices, select Group Memberships and click on the new Western NC Woodworking Club Interest Group. Steve D (Steve DeWeese), Ozzie-x (Randy Osborne) and I (McRabbet aka Rob Payne) will use this new Group to capture interest levels and will know if there are enough people to warrant the effort of setting up a club.

We are looking at holding monthly meetings in the Asheville area, beginning in March. So if you live anywhere from Charlotte north to Alleghany County and west to Cherokee County, sign up. We think it would be loads of fun!!:-D

Rob

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Are you 'seceeding' from the union, here? So much for the North and the South...it's the east and the west, now....

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

wsd1089 said:
Are you 'succeeding' from the union, here? So much for the North and the South...it's the east and the west, now....

Naw, we're not seceding, it's just a long way to drive to find any clubs so we thought we'd start one up! Could be lots of fun if there is enough interest.

Rob

cmartinson

New User
chad
I'm always open for a reason to head on up to the moutains. Could be just reason enough to get out of the city for a day

M

McRabbet

cmartinson said:
I'm always open for a reason to head on up to the moutains. Could be just reason enough to get out of the city for a day

Chad -- If you are interested, please do what is in the opening post and signup for the Group.

Thanks. Rob

M

McRabbet

We are hoping to use one of the community colleges in the area for regular meetings -- we're checking Blue Ridge CC in Hendersonville, AB Tech in Asheville, Haywood CC in Clyde or maybe Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa. At this point we're trying to see if there are enough people in the area to warrant the effort. We certainly hope there will be.

Rob
LeeandDee said:
HHhhhmmmmm, that could be workable for us.
Do you have a location in mind?

Mountaincraft

New User
William
I am most definitely interested. Currently, I am in limbo trying to get a new shop. It may take a few months, but when I'm up and ready, I'm in.

william

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
William,
Not having a shop ready to go isn't a limiting factor. We're a little bit away from having everything going and the meetings will probably be held in a central location and cover woodworking topicsn and techniques.

Glad that you are interested.

Steve

M

McRabbet

Bump -- We really want to move forward -- only nine so far -- any more? :eusa_pray

If it helps, we are looking into our first program and thought we might focus on "Care and Sharpening of Hand Tools" -- sound okay?

McRabbet said:
Bump -- Anyone interested? -- please read the initial post!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
McRabbet said:
Bump -- We really want to move forward -- only nine so far -- any more? :eusa_pray

If it helps, we are looking into our first program and thought we might focus on "Care and Sharpening of Hand Tools" -- sound okay?

Followed very quickly by the presentation "First Aid in the Shop":lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
with a joint presentation on Tetanus, it's not just for breakfast anymore. :lol:
SteveColes said:
Followed very quickly by the presentation "First Aid in the Shop":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors