Weight loss. (update 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwinecoff

New User
John
Re: Weight loss. (update)

Great job to everyone. Before Christmas, I had my blood checked, and both cholesterol and blood sugar were up, prompting medication for cholesterol and a promise to lose weight to fix the sugar. I convinced my wife to diet with me, starting the day after Christmas. As of this morning, I've lost 25 lbs, going from 199.5 to 174.5. That's on a 5' 7" frame. She has lost a bunch also, but refused to weigh in to get her starting weight. For me, the key is us eating correctly together. We are weighing 100% of the food we eat, including salads and veggies. Say no to cheese, use balsamic vinegar as dressing, and don't even drink cream in your coffee. All of this is with limited exercise. That is the thing that I keep meaning to start doing on a regular basis, but I keep finding excuses...

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: Weight loss.

Good for you Tom! I'm glad to see you're making progress. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to seeing you get back in that kilt of yours... only 8.5 lbs to go, then you'll have to start shopping for "skinny kilts"! :icon_thum

T

toolferone

Good for you Tom! I'm glad to see you're making progress. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to seeing you get back in that kilt of yours... only 8.5 lbs to go, then you'll have to start shopping for "skinny kilts"! :icon_thum

Thanks Monty. I will make sure and post some skinny kilt pics when it is time :eek:!

Good to hear from you.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Tom, great start - keep at it. If you need an extra treadmill for the truck or your shop I have one just gathering dust in my garage

All though I started this post on 2/10, I am counting my start date as 1/17.

That being said I have lost 21.5 lbs!!!!:icon_cheers I have been getting on a treadmill at the hotels and at home at my brothers house.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Re: Weight loss. (update)

That's terrific - keep it up. You've inspired me to drop a few myself. Lost two pounds this week and celebrated my "victory" last night by eating a box of doughnuts - I think I'm doing something wrong.:gar-Bi

Ernie

T

toolferone

I am down 3.5 lbs this week, which puts me at 25.5 lbs total! I am so excited about this and am feeling great.

Glennbear

Glenn
Great continued progress Tom :eusa_clap Having the newly acquired treadmill handy at home must make things a little easier. :wsmile:

T

toolferone

Great continued progress Tom :eusa_clap Having the newly acquired treadmill handy at home must make things a little easier. :wsmile:

Yes it has, and as a extra benefit my wife is joining me to lose a few and get it better shape too.

I picked up a small used flat screen lcd TV I am mounting to the wall in front of the treadmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS