Wanting cocobolo,paduak,bloodwood scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey guys I am wanting to buy some turning blank stock from your scrap pile so to speak. I want some cocobolo, padauk, and bloodwood in 1.5" x 1.5" x 3.5"-4" lengths or longer and some pieces 1.25" x 1.25" x 4".

Shoot me a response and tell me what you want for it. I will pay for the wood and shipment of course. Thanks. Thinking somewhere in the ballpark of a smaller size fixed rate Medium to large fixed rated postal box of wood. Thank you so much, Chris.:help:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Not much help here, Chris. But I'll move the thread to the "Where Can I Find, Buy, Sell" forum where, hopefully, it will receive more exposure.

HTH,
Roger

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
Watch the cocobolo, I turned some last summer, both arms broke out with a rash as well as my neck. You can develop a sensitivity to the wood dust. If it breaks your skin out, imagine what it would do to your lungs.

Ken

dozer

Mike
Dino, That link was interesting just wish they had some pricing and current stock information.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Thanks my man, I really appreciate that. I always wear a respirator when turning woods especially exotics that I am not all too familiar with, however I didn't know it (cocobolo) would break your arms out. Wow. Thanks. Chris

cskipper

Cathy
Dino, I emailed the one in Weaverville requesting a price list. Also mentioned this group and that we are frequently on the look-out for wood sources.

NCWood used to carry turning stock.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
NC Wood has it. You can search Gary's Ebay auctions and store (Seller ID is NCWood). He sells boxes of exotic scraps most often used for bottle stopper blanks and calls.

Nice Figures

New User
Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle
Hi Chris,

Cormark International is a long way to go for small pieces. If you get to the Atlantic Beach area, we sell all the woods you mentioned. Would love to have you stop by.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS